Limelight Forums

Full Version: Expanding?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So guys, what does the community think about the concept idea of LL Expanding to different gamemodes or games in general? Such as Rust, or gmod minigames like Deathrun and TTT? :D
This is what is planned, no games in mind
we do have a MC server at moment and are open to ideas
This is a Gaming community that primary plays Gmod but isnt specific to Gmod
So yer we are open to ideas of other gamemodes or games
We have a Minecraft Server yes, but if a MC Server exists and no one is using it, is it really expanding?
We could fix the build/dupe server y'know.

Also, I think the minecraft server is mostly used by people that already play cityrp, or persons that are banned from cityrp.
(just a thought, never went on the server myself)

TTT could be a nice addition.
I was thinking a Tanoa Life server on ARMA III.
(Aug 4, 2016, 11:49 PM)George Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking a Tanoa Life server on ARMA III.
Would be very nice.
(Aug 4, 2016, 11:49 PM)George Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking a Tanoa Life server on ARMA III.

Would be cool, but don't know how many people would be supportive of people having to pay for DLC if they wish to play.

Keeping the amount of people that would pay for DLC to play in mind I would rather use mods, to be quite honest. Although I do think that is a very good idea.
How about creating an arcade gamemode specifically for TDM and SSCars?
Another gamemode would be nice tbh.

I like that idea, but someone better start giving me the Apex DLC for ArmA III, then. ;)
And else a Tanoa and/or Altis Life server would be cool, too. For the ones that don't have or can't afford the Apex DLC.
As much as I like the idea of expanding, one must be realistic about the playerbase.

Opening an Arma3 server, although a good idea, is probably not ideal for this community. We've done well over the last year, but even so, we more often than not do not have a full server, let alone 2 (or 3). This suggests to me that the playerbase on Limelight Gmod servers aren't large enough for an expansion in a gamemode which could rival it. (E.G another RP gamemode on another game.) That chances are the main playerbase, until a unique playerbase is created, will derive almost soley of CityRP players. Thus it's not really expanding the playerbase into other games, but moving the playerbase from one game to another (effectively reducing the appeal of CityRP in the process, as less people would be playing it.)

I'm not personally convinced the community is ready, would need to expand quite a bit larger before than should even be properly attempted in my opinion.
(Aug 16, 2016, 12:35 PM)Labrador Wrote: [ -> ]

Tanoa Life has been tried, serious roleplay communities have nobody playing them and the exception could be made for something like A3L, ideally what you could try and see how this goes but as far as how the system of medics etc and gathering a lot of unique skins would take some time and a lot of preparation.

A Tanoa Life server I play on maxes out its 100 player slot limit every day. Another Tanoa life even maxes out on 235 players. Nobody playing on them?
(Aug 16, 2016, 03:09 PM)Jono Wrote: [ -> ]As much as I like the idea of expanding, one must be realistic about the playerbase.

Opening an Arma3 server, although a good idea, is probably not ideal for this community. We've done well over the last year, but even so, we more often than not do not have a full server, let alone 2 (or 3). This suggests to me that the playerbase on Limelight  Gmod servers aren't large enough for an expansion in a gamemode which could rival it. (E.G another RP gamemode on another game.) That chances are the main playerbase, until a unique playerbase is created, will derive almost soley of CityRP players. Thus it's not really expanding the playerbase into other games,  but moving the playerbase from one game to another (effectively reducing the appeal of CityRP in the process, as less people would be playing it.)

I'm not personally convinced the community is ready, would need to expand quite a bit larger before than should even be properly attempted in my opinion.

The reason why GMod still has a large playerbase is because you don't need a powerful computer to run it even though its a poorly optimised game. ARMA III on the other hand is a VERY graphically intensive game and players do need a decent computer at worse to be able to run it and maintain a playable FPS. Therefore I doubt many (although some) will transfer and play on an ARMA III server.

We also need to stop thinking that we'll be spreading our community thin as that will only happen on the opening of another GMod server. Opening a server on a much different game can allow for more players into the community.
Would rather we keep to RP servers, but of different variety. Advid Deathrun players don't really mix well with Advid Roleplayers.
Pages: 1 2 3