Limelight Forums

Full Version: Unblock EMC!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Suggestion for <in-game/forum/teamspeak etc.>
Tekkit Legends
In detail, explain your suggestion:
ProjectE is mainly about the EMC items e.g. Condenser, Trans Tablet. These are a core part of the Tekkit Classic & Legends experience. There is no reason to ban users from using these.
How should the developers add this? (BE DETAILED WITH EVERYTHING!)
remove restriction with /itemperm 
Why should this be implemented?
EMC is a core of Tekkit experience. The mentality that it removes a challenge is ridiculous and in a server with no fighting, raids and shit allowed nobody is gonna have a real advantage by being able to make sick bases and weapons easier with EMC. Furthermore, the idea that players want a challenge is stupid, because if someone doesn't want to use EMC systems, they don't have to! It doesn't pit them at a disadvantage in any way, so what if I have a dark matter sword and he/she doesn't because they don't use EMC? It's not like I can go raid them anyway (sigh).
EMC would allow for community projects to be made with ease.

Huge +Support
Ah yes! Someone decided to make this.

Temar said that he had blacklisted these items due to it decreasing trading. Although there was not enough time to see whether or not that was true. In my opinion, unblocking Condensers is the only thing that needs to be done. Tablets are slightly more overpowered and I can see why they my ban that but condensers do not affect trading. If anything it will increase it because players will have more of it to trade for a bigger price.

Huge +Support
To my opinion it's weird to have certain features that made Tekkit what it was back in the day blocked. Tekkit was unbalanced, it had overpowered stuff, and this modpack is supposed to re-imagine that, and offer an updated experience.
+Support
I played tekkit all the time back in the day, but i cant recall what the EMC was?

Is that the thing where you can put an item into it, place other items into it to turn it into energy to create another of that original item?
(Jul 6, 2016, 06:42 PM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]I played tekkit all the time back in the day, but i cant recall what the EMC was?

Is that the thing where you can put an item into it, place other items into it to turn it into energy to create another of that original item?

Yes. So say diamonds cost 8000 emc & iron cost 1000. I could use that diamond to make 8 iron.
It was originally called Equivalent Exchange until it became ProjectE. Everything is equivelant.
People still use that server? Whatever.

Well let me tell you that we moved to a different server with no blacklisted items because LL blocked them and we've reached endgame in 2 days.
Thought I'd tell you this. Kinda boring now.
Big +support, It would be fair, no advantages.. anyone could use it.
From my point of view, yes it would get you to end game fast, but there is no pvp.
What is it that we are afraid of?

Either allow for raids or allow for people to make community projects easily.
(Jul 6, 2016, 09:37 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]From my point of view, yes it would get you to end game fast, but there is no pvp.

I'm afraid of you guys regretting this because it would become VERY boring once you've reached max EMC with alchemical bags full of RM Furnaces. Trust me, I've reached this in a week. After that I mainly started working on a new spawn for that server and other stuff since I was done with the SMP (Survival) part of the game.
(Jul 6, 2016, 09:56 PM)Markus Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jul 6, 2016, 09:37 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]From my point of view, yes it would get you to end game fast, but there is no pvp.

I'm afraid of you guys regretting this because it would become VERY boring once you've reached max EMC with alchemical bags full of RM Furnaces. Trust me, I've reached this in a week. After that I mainly started working on a new spawn for that server and other stuff since I was done with the SMP (Survival) part of the game.

If I'm concerned about that, I won't use it.
It should be the player's choice.
(Jul 6, 2016, 10:40 PM)bones Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jul 6, 2016, 09:56 PM)Markus Wrote: [ -> ]

If I'm concerned about that, I won't use it.
It should be the player's choice.

Everyone does that? Anyone can finish the game in less then a week or two. Minecraft isn't just about finishing the game, it is also about creating a community and amazing builds. With full access to ProjectE, we can do that. Not everyone wants to complete the survival part of minecraft.
Added a Poll but Poll is for opinion and may not be same as decision
(Jul 7, 2016, 03:04 AM)Temar Wrote: [ -> ]Added a Poll but Poll is for opinion and may not be same as decision

Cheers Temar. What is the end date may I ask?
Pages: 1 2