Limelight Forums

Full Version: Storage System - Revamp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Suggestion:
Changing/Improving the current storage system. (Packaging)

Details:
There are currently three storage options available and they are containers that can be placed and allow you to drop items and then place them inside for storage purposes outside of your own inventory. This is extremely useful in many different scenarios. Some of them are:

Storing items to share amongst people living together
          Storing items without having to invest $12,500+ in pockets. 
          Storing items for RP purposes

The current storage options are limited and offer a very small amount of storage space, with the most expensive option only offering 15 spaces. 

Expanding on the current system seems like a great way to develop CityRP 2.0 and here is my idea for doing so:

Ammunition Crate
Weapon Locker
Standard Crate
Large Crate
Log Pile
Food Surplus

Sharing Access:
Some, if not all, of the items suggested should be restricted to only those with access, which can be set by looking at it and pressing F2. Lock picking the storage item(s) will not grant you full access but rather would give you a random item from inside, much like how lock picking a police car would. This allows for more freedom of placement, i.e. having a log pile at the logging camp that someone can't run up to and steal from, but allows for a bypass that allows criminals to get some reward. Depending on community/staff input, some of these storage units might just be unable to be stolen from as it might draw too much AggressiveRP towards PassiveRP parts of the game mode, such as Woodcutting.

Reclaim (Optional)
The storage entities can be put back into your inventory via /reclaim

Crash-Protection
Storage items will be protected from crashes and placed back into the inventory of the person who owns the storage container.

[Image: zYidIMQ.png][Image: Bc1YN4Z.png][Image: Nea057J.png]

Benefits:

Allows for an alternative storage method
          Allows you to easily store items to share with friends
          Enables TruckingRP, DeliveryRP, TransportRP
          Extra loot for those criminals!
          Allows you to smuggle things!

Thanks for reading through this and please leave your support and/or comments below.
+Support if other's cannot steal from it. Just make clan bank account/item bank
As I discussed with you on Steam. I think it would be best to not make in an option to steal from the wood and food-pile atleast. Wood chopping is risky enough with muggers targeting wood-cutters because they're vulnerable and unarmed. We don't need any groups doing raids on poor woodcutters.

I really like the idea though.

+ Support
+support
+Support
+Support
+Support but no way to lockpick , should be safe like a vault
+Support
+Support

Maybe add a crowbar with a chance to break the crates? Either way this would be great for clans that deliver
weapons etc.
+ Support.
Poor woodcutters who get mugged every 15 mins.
(May 1, 2016, 04:06 PM)The Rock Wrote: [ -> ]+Support but no way to lockpick , should be safe like a vault
+support
+support
+support
+support
Pages: 1 2