Limelight Forums

Full Version: Police Announcments/Alerts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Suggestion for in-game.

In detail, explain your suggestion: 
Give the ability to the SWAT & Police sergeants to make announcments like the president. This could be used to inform people where a shootout is happening so they don't go anywhere near it or to announce a new checkpoint ect.

ex. (ECPD) An active shoot-out is taking place at Industrial. Citizens are advised not to enter the area until further notice.

Suggested:
ex. (Alert) An active shoot-out is taking place at Industrial. Citizens are advised not to enter the area until further notice.

Why should this be implemented? 
A way for the Police to alert public without the need of the president.
+ Support. I don't see why not.
+Support
(Apr 26, 2016, 10:29 PM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]+Support
+support
+ Big support , however isnt realistic at all , the best way its always to close the roads but i do support
(Apr 26, 2016, 11:00 PM)The Rock Wrote: [ -> ]+ Big support , however isnt realistic at all , the best way its always to close the roads but i do support

Well you can always do both, and this is just an example. You can warn citizens about wanted criminals, checkpoints, large car collisions (so maybe they pick another route). If you close off a road next to a raid-in-progress you can always use this to tell people what exactly is going on as otherwise they may think it's not as dangerous as it is.
(Apr 26, 2016, 11:00 PM)The Rock Wrote: [ -> ]+ Big support , however isnt realistic at all , the best way its always to close the roads but i do support

Could you explain what you said?

Translates to:

+Support, however I don't think police being able to make announcements is realistic at all. Announcing a checkpoint and closing a road should just be done by physically spawning props and blocking the road.

The thing is Rock that police announcements are an actual thing, however obviously they aren't similar to a Presidential broadcast. They do announcements over social media and/or their police websites.
(Apr 26, 2016, 10:29 PM)Sours Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 26, 2016, 10:29 PM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]+Support
+support definatly needed - would also help with peopl "accidently treapssing a police barrier while brining a weapon for self defence" Big Grin
+Support

Police are now using technology to keep the public informed.

Facebook for simpler things, however they can also do mass phone calls or send Emergency Alerts to smartphones.
+Support

I know when there was a major police situation by me months ago every resident in the city got a text message informing them.
+support
+Support
Pages: 1 2 3