Limelight Forums

Full Version: Warrant Reminder Command
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Suggestion for in-game

In detail, explain your suggestion: 
Add a command (/warrant reason [id]) which will bring up the reason why the arrest/search warrant was made.

Why should this be implemented? 
We all have been in a situation, pulling over someone with a search warrant and when we radio in to learn why he has obtain his warrant no-one responds. This would help solve this problem and would make it a little more realistic.

Suggested by others
- Alternative command (/checkwarrant ID)
- Show last issued warrant (even if they do not have one at that point. Do not show any if the said player has died since then and has not received another one)
- Command usable only when inside a police vehicle (I disagree with this one, as they could still radio in the name and get the information back from the dispatch)
I think something like /checkwarrant ID is better because then people won't confuse it with the regular /warrant command.

Anyway, +support. The described situation happens quite often.

Additional thoughts: It would be even better if the command could be used to check last issued warrant on the person (in case they have no current warrant), which would be useful for the president to investigate unfair warrants, and for the police to check prior offences (would not show last warrant if they died after to avoid NLR issues).
(Apr 13, 2016, 08:03 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]I think something like /checkwarrant ID is better because then people won't confuse it with the regular /warrant command.

Anyway, +support. The described situation happens quite often.

Additional thoughts: It would be even better if the command could be used to check last issued warrant on the person (in case they have no current warrant), which would be useful for the president to investigate unfair warrants, and for the police to check prior offences (would not show last warrant if they died after to avoid NLR issues).
+support
Maybe this could be possible only from a vehicle, using the police system on-board.
Why not have a list instead?

President/Vice can run /warrants and a list pops up with all the warrants

Approved - No ETA
(Apr 14, 2016, 07:24 PM)Burnett Wrote: [ -> ]Why not have a list instead?

Approved - No ETA
Include all officers in the /warrant. Try to make it a pop up that you can open and close at will. That shit would be handy.
(Apr 14, 2016, 07:26 PM)Katyusha Wrote: [ -> ]

Approved - No ETA
Include all officers in the /warrant. Try to make it a pop up that you can open and close at will. That shit would be handy.

Roger That
(Apr 14, 2016, 07:27 PM)Burnett Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 14, 2016, 07:26 PM)Katyusha Wrote: [ -> ]

Approved - No ETA

Roger That

I know you probally already though of this but I suggest the infromation of:

OOC Name:
IC Name:
Reason:
Officer Name:
this can be closed as it was done.
Completed, part of the new PoliceDB update.

Moving to finished.