Limelight Forums

Full Version: Adding Government Skins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
suggestion for: ingame

suggestion:
I suggest to add more skins for government units as listed in the following:

Police
- a Trooper or Sheriff uniform
- a Highwaypatrol Uniform or a regular Police Uniform with a traffic vest
- a regular or undercover uniform with a stab- or kevlarvest
- if possible the charger skin could be fixed (the white pd skin isnt workign for most of the time - probably to be added as a secondary skin for the gas station or mechanic?*

Fire
- a Batallion Chief uniform (probably just a red helmet)
- the ability to chose between uniforms with or without a mask (probably via skin command)**
- probably a hazmat uniform

Medic
- a Firerescuet uniform (most countrys have paramedics partially integrated in their fds)
- probably a surgeon or nurse like skin that could be used for hospital rp

Some skins would be bound to reps to avoid impropper usuage. Therefore some could be avaible as a actuall clothing item, some as a skin
*i know it was implemented in pack 9. And i dont want to urge or make stupid suggestions - just saying that there might be alternative solutions.
**The fire helmet could be undone with /skin 1 if fd would have acces. It would need a limited /skin selection of course.

why shoud this be implemented?
The suggested uniforms would give some more variety to the current government units. It would certainly help out with a lot of rp situations and would allow a government worker to adapt to an individual style of roleplay. Units could specialyse themselves, or equip gear (stab/traffic vests) if the situation would require it.

Not all uniforms would nescassarly need to be implemented. And certainly a few of them would require limitations in terms of reps and/or a government adjusted /skin selection. But that actually might be upsight: Units who serverd well can use the rep points to acces new gear/sepcifications in as a sort of promotion. While rookies wont be excluded from any vital assests, but further motivated, long serving units would find a way to dedicated them/individualise their character.
We already head some units serving as troopers, hazmat units, or armed patrol units. Of course their is a risk of a to large seperationg among the members one active Department but if only a few skins would be implemented and bound to reps or similar, this could easily be controled. Therefore the oppurtunity for more realistic, individualised and specalised roleplay would outweight the controlable risk of abusement. It might aswell prevent scenarios where 5 officers cuff one suscpect for jaywalking or paramedics race each other for one injured person.

Sadly i dont know too many good skins but things like the fd suggestions could be done by modifying the /skin command and probably adding a second fd skin with a retextured helmet or decall. For A trooper uniform we could porbably take the current whir-lt uniform (the shirt can and has been recoloured on occasions). A simple grey or light blue colour change could probably do.
I a pologise for my probably stupid technical suggestions ind advance. Please keep in mind that the list of skins is understood as a list of skin suggestions rather then a suggestion of a solid list. It just would be nice to have more utility-assest for those jobs.
Huge +Support
+Support
+support
+support
+Support Big Time!
+Support
+Support
(Apr 5, 2016, 10:12 PM)Brax Wrote: [ -> ]+Support
+ Support
as therev been a few discussions about more government equipment/units ranks etc. i would like to bring this ideas back to memory. Its not the NR.1 Suggestion but could probably serve as an inspiration for further suggestion coming from the current discussions. Ill liekly make additions or turn in new suggestions as well, as we had a pretty detailed discusion just few moments ago.
+support
+ support. but only high-rank skins should be rep restricted like the battalion chief and the hazmat.
-support because why not?
huge huge + support
Pages: 1 2