Limelight Forums

Full Version: NLR Warning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Suggestion for: 
In-game

In detail, explain your suggestion:
 A warning message that will appear, and/or alert staff members when someone is breaking NLR. 

Based on the location system, if you die and return to that same "zone" (e.g. connectivity road, Nightingale road) and stay there for an extended amount of time (realistically around 2-3 minutes, so that players still have a chance to leave if they spawned there or quickly pass through) then you would receive a warning, possibly a popup or based on the new system telling you that you're gonna get rekt by the staff if you don't get out.

Why should this be implemented? Would help newcomers who are unaware how NLR works, or don't know how big/small the NLR zone actually is.

Problems: One thing that could be a problem is areas with particularly small locations, which could lead to some arguments about who is and isn't breaking NLR
+Support
+Support, like what was done for cars, If a player has less than 50 hours, a message should appear
Small locations aren't as much of a problem as big locations imo. Some "zones" are so large that this would be horribly inaccurate and might make players think the NLR zone is way bigger than it actually is.

E.g died just outside the downtown tunnel, get an NLR warning just outside corleone tunnel, because it's still "downtown road".
(Mar 30, 2016, 10:58 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]Small locations aren't as much of a problem as big locations imo. Some "zones" are so large that this would be horribly inaccurate and might make players think the NLR zone is way bigger than it actually is.

E.g died just outside the downtown tunnel, get an NLR warning just outside corleone tunnel, because it's still "downtown road".

A radius around his death point?
(Mar 30, 2016, 10:59 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 30, 2016, 10:58 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]Small locations aren't as much of a problem as big locations imo. Some "zones" are so large that this would be horribly inaccurate and might make players think the NLR zone is way bigger than it actually is.

A radius around his death point?

That would be fine, but suggestion specifically said based on location system.
Maybe add some new locations then? Nothing that would over-complicate it, but enough to make your location more noticeable if requested (although I'm sure Downtown Tunnel and Downtown Road are different things, correct me if I'm wrong)
(Mar 30, 2016, 11:01 PM)Tails Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe add some new locations then? Nothing that would over-complicate it, but enough to make your location more noticeable if requested (although I'm sure Downtown Tunnel and Downtown Road are different things, correct me if I'm wrong)

Different things yes, but if you are just out of the downtown tunnel you are either on downtown road or connectivity road. If you are just outside corleone tunnel you are either on abbey road or downtown road. So you could be a huge distance away but still be in the same "zone" of downtown road.
(Mar 30, 2016, 11:04 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 30, 2016, 11:01 PM)Tails Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe add some new locations then? Nothing that would over-complicate it, but enough to make your location more noticeable if requested (although I'm sure Downtown Tunnel and Downtown Road are different things, correct me if I'm wrong)

Different things yes, but if you are just out of the downtown tunnel you are either on downtown road or connectivity road. If you are just outside corleone tunnel you are either on abbey road or downtown road. So you could be a huge distance away but still be in the same "zone" of downtown road.

I see your point, I misunderstood you the first time.
Staffmembers receive a warning on our HUD when a player is too close to where he/she died. I like the idea of also alerting players when they are too close, but it's important to point out that it's not always accurate and this cannot be used as an excuse from players "because it's not telling me I'm too close".

An example would be if a Corleone-member died in a Police-raid at Villa in a specific house. The alert wouldn't trigger if the player doesn't get too close to the house where he died, but he'd still be breaking NLR by entering the Villas where the raid is still taking place. This would be a great reminder for players, but it can't be used as an excuse of someone NOT breaking NLR either, just because the warning hasn't been triggered.

This change is something that I suggested in the admin-forums a few days ago, and is something that would be neat for players to have, but it's important that it's done in a way that players don't think that they're not breaking NLR just because the warning isn't triggered.
(Mar 30, 2016, 10:42 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]+Support, like what was done for cars, If a player has less than 50 hours, a message should appear
I can make this tie with the warning system
If the player enters the NLR zone, he/she will get a temporary warning.
(Apr 2, 2016, 01:10 AM)Burnett Wrote: [ -> ]I can make this tie with the warning system

Not really a good idea if you ask me, say you died in City Tunnel but need to get to industrial, you would need to pass through you NLR to get there, which staff allow, however you would still be automatically warned
(Apr 2, 2016, 01:45 AM)Python Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 2, 2016, 01:10 AM)Burnett Wrote: [ -> ]I can make this tie with the warning system

Not really a good idea if you ask me, say you died in City Tunnel but need to get to industrial, you would need to pass through you NLR to get there, which staff allow, however you would still be automatically warned
That's why I suggested a time limit before a warning is given, 2-3 minutes or round about that
Thats a nice idea and lots of peps support it.
Approved - WiP.

I will tie this to the warning-system. Whenever the player enters the NLR-Zone, a timer checks how long he been there. If more than 2-3 mins, issue a temporary warning and inform staff.
Pages: 1 2