Limelight Forums

Full Version: 'Mature' section on the forums.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Suggestion for <in-game/forum/teamspeak etc.> A section, most likely in discussion, named' mature'.

In detail, explain your suggestion: A section of the forums dedicated to mature discussion. This would allow any theme to be discussed, regardless of one's view. There'd be little rules in this section other than ones to stop against trolling and spamming. 

It's commonly argued that certain topics are too tabboo for the forums as 'there's kids on this forum'. I simply propose that in order to accommodate the older player, there is a restricted section, which allows mature discussion. This could be restricted by forum age, or simply act as an area where there are no 'safe spaces'. 
Why should this be implemented?

Facilitates freedom of speech further, and also allows for actual debates and discussions to be held. Most debates on Limelight seem to end on an admin's whim when it becomes 'offensive' or 'inappropriate'. 
+support
+support but what about the admin children lol
(Mar 24, 2016, 09:46 PM)Toxic Wrote: [ -> ]+support but what about the admin children lol

*Mod Children

+Support
Perhaps a warning while entering it and accepting that you are mature enough to have those discussions and stuff.

+support
+Support
+ Support
+support
+support on the basis that there will be no extremism or political peopaganda that conflicts with western values. (No "send all the muslims back to syria because they sre all terrorist" style).

Just some really basic rules and im okay.
Aww yes i can't wait for all these sexy threads cuming
+Support
This would allow for a greater depth of discussion without someone taking a tantrum as they will be mature (hopefully)
My only worry is that some people may think they're mature, however are not and act immature, which is something that should be considered for the sections rules on posting. Also the fact that some people incharge of this section, admins,superadmins,mods etc I don't believe will be mature enough as well.
As Vol said, I'd be in favour of it providing there were some guidelines.

There is a difference between a serious, mature discussion on controversial subjects and blatant hate-posting, and so long as we can trust members to do the former, I see no issue with it.

As for 'Freedom of Speech', the right was made so that people can say as they feel without the fear of censorship and/or repercussions and so I would support this for that reason, however as I mentioned before, you should be entitled to voice your opinion whilst also being courteous of other people. It'd the ol' 'Would you say it to their face?' scenario.

Enzyme and other admins have closed News threads before because they have become a place for generalised, negative (some might say xenophobic) opinions on Refugees and Muslims. These have been the choice of topic for a few members of the community and whilst I don't want to strip them of their right to post, I fear that a 'Mature/Serious Discussion' sub-forum will just become a hub for hate-spreading.

If I were to +Support this, I think admins should reserve the right to intervene if things do get too specific (6 threads made by one user all with the aim to put a topic in a certain perspective or something) or break other forum rules.

At the end of the day, Limelight is a gaming community.
We're not affiliated with politics, religion, war, crises, ideology or any of the 'touchy subjects' of the world, and we don't need nor want anybody to feel targeted or unwelcome.
+ support
+Support

This means Brynn can't use the subforum? Wink
+support Smile
Pages: 1 2