Limelight Forums

Full Version: Scheduled restarts.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Suggestion for <in-game/forum/teamspeak etc.> In-game

In detail, explain your suggestion: Have a scheduled restart around 2AM GMT or so on the EU server. 

Why should this be implemented? The server has the power to stay up for days on end, but performance drops to shit. Many peoples FPS drops massively and the server just becomes lagged up when it's been on for so long. Restarting it at around 2AM every day would clean the server for the upcoming day. The time I chose is because I rarely see big amounts of people on the server then, but if there's a quieter time then that would be good. 
Also if this would be implemented adding in a small countdown to restart would be good when it's coming up so people are alert to it.
+support
Also helps updates push at a known time, rather than them being left until the server ends in crashing. Although the same would have to be done to the US server to prevent problems, i.e. if a new item was added for purchase and you changed server it could result in you losing the item and money. As has previously happened with items between two servers restarting.
+Support

And now: Me throwing random stuff out...
Regarding evilmat360's comments about resetting at a similar time for major changes, maybe have joint resets which bring the bigger changes once a week at a time when both servers are low/empty (Set time every week, like major MMOs and whatnot) and also do an automatic reset if, for example, a server is both empty and has been for up for 12 hours, or something like that.
+support
When the server is at peak times with 1000+ ID's (so been up for a while) it really screws up the experience.
+support
Approved for now. I'll write a proper restart-system with cronjob stuff.