Limelight Forums

Full Version: What Map Would You Desire On LL?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

What Map Would You Desire On LL?

So recently I have seen a few discussions and suggestions of a new map on Limelight.
In my opinion I feel this would be a step forward as having a unique/different map on
Limelight would be a new experience for many. There are hundreds of great roleplaying
maps on Garry's Mod and the most known maps are Rockford and Evocity original maps. 

I've made this discussion to see what kind of map as a community would desire to Limelight
and what you think it could bring and what benefits the map has. Maybe even a custom map?
If so what kind of things would you want in that custom map?

Reply below what you think!

I think that the new map for LimeLight should be ChaosCity its like EvoCity but a lot bigger and cooler
I'd support a custom map with RP opportunities and flat empty spaces for dupes just like grassy fields if it is possible but I'd think that a custom map will take development teams time and if someone was hired it'd cost a lot of money.

But also it'd boost the reputation of the server due to it having its own special map which is uncommon in roleplay servers as far as I know.
Agree for a custom map, professionally made. Perhaps something similar to GM_Bigcity in terms of layout, so everything is interconnected, but obviously with less buildings and more randy RP shizz..Could make a competition to design the map/part of the map. Would be a great project the whole of the community could be involved with....And would also allow a large skybox.

If the map turned out successful, like mentioned above, it could be a unique feature on gmod. Think of the opportunities which could arise from it.

Seriously, could have a port/marina area, nice restaurants overlooking a port, where player's yachts and such are flying around. Port goes a while out into the sea. This area could connect to the 'down town' area, which has a couple of skyscrapers, and lots of commercial buildings. This could then lead out into a motorway sort of area, like in rockford, which has hotels, and suburban housing etc. Outside of this could lead to a mountainous area with a few flat areas for custom building, aswell as a couple of random special buildings...Outside of that could have a 'desert'ish area, like where trevor lives in GTAV, giving room for fun shit...Gives lots of varieties for types of role-play and massive diversity..Perhaps even could have a little airport....Could be so cool.
I work on the basis that if the community wants it, they can fund it. (Perhaps even add a 'custom map' box to the donation menu thing.) By no means would it be overnight, I suspect if it were to happen, it'd mostly be over the summer anyhow.

I just think it's a really cool opportunity, for once the map isn't limiting role-play, but creating it.
(Mar 20, 2016, 07:56 PM)Jono Wrote: [ -> ]I work on the basis that if the community wants it, they can fund it. (Perhaps even add a 'custom map' box to the donation menu thing.) By no means would it be overnight, I suspect if it were to happen, it'd mostly be over the summer anyhow.

I just think it's a really cool opportunity, for once the map isn't limiting role-play, but creating it.

I mean I made this is people can discuss what kind of maps they like and if a custom map is desired then people can bring their ideas together to make one whole idea.
(Mar 20, 2016, 07:00 PM)Bambo Wrote: [ -> ]I'd support a custom map with RP opportunities and flat empty spaces for dupes just like grassy fields if it is possible but I'd think that a custom map will take development teams time and if someone was hired it'd cost a lot of money.

But also it'd boost the reputation of the server due to it having its own special map which is uncommon in roleplay servers as far as I know.
I don't believe money would be an issue, they pull in around 1000 pounds a month in donations, and have around 1500 in reserves as far as I can remember. 

I'd support a custom limelight map, definentaly.
Clearly rp_downtown_v4c_v2 -- Best map up-to-date!

* Zambie ^‿^ cries in a corner to how bad it is
V2P pls.
V5P, it's an updated V2P
The problem is that v2p and chaos city are too big in my opinion, yes Rockford is big but one big map is enough.
I was really annoyed to see that the community didn't want a v2d trial, a trial isn't going to hurt anyone?
I'd say we should find some maps and trial them in the following weeks
(Mar 21, 2016, 11:18 AM)Blurr Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is that v2p and chaos city are too big in my opinion, yes Rockford is big but one big map is enough.
I was really annoyed to see that the community didn't want a v2d trial, a trial isn't going to hurt anyone?
I'd say we should find some maps and trial them in the following weeks

Well as much as v2d is a classic CityRP map. It is a bit too classic and some of the community have said in the post they would rather move with time and find a new similar functioning map. As a few have said in this post, a custom map would be great! Even if it was a slight edit of Evocity v33x or maybe v2d but less dull and with a few new things.
I liked rp_retribution, it's a bit rough, and some parts need a lot of work, but overall I think it's a nice map
If we had an updated v2d then that would be great, perhaps a cooler MTL area more shops etc but it is just about finding it or possibly a edit of the map.
(Mar 20, 2016, 10:57 PM)ZambieFarmery10 Wrote: [ -> ]Clearly rp_downtown_v4c_v2 -- Best map up-to-date!

* ZambieFarmery10 cries in a corner to how bad it is

Why not just rp_downtown_v2, it was a pretty solid map.
Pages: 1 2