Limelight Forums

Full Version: An Additional Car For Paramedics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Suggestion for INGAME

In detail, explain your suggestion: Alright, so i HATE how bad the ambulance turning is..... it's terrible at corners making me crash into stuff while in an emergency.
I was thinking, if the Fire & Rescue have their regular fire engines, but they ALSO have a extra car, the suburban for the quick jobs i guess. I was wondering if the Paramedics can get something similar, an extra car since the only thing we can use is the crappy Ambulances, or a standard citizen car. It would be nice to have the Tahoe or Suburban with a Paramedic kind of livery to it.

Why should this be implemented? Because the ambulance sucks IMO, but the real reason is because other services like fire get fast response cars, so why can't paramedics?
Please use the template.
Thank you.
+Support
+Support , on my country paramedics have vehicles besides ambulances , they are equiped as ambulance but they are cars modified to be more fast and sometimes they still save lifes
Huge +Support!

Started RP'ing as a paramedic a lot more often now, and the van is just slowing response times.
I'm conflicted about this one.  First of all, the Ambulance we have today is a great vehicle.  It just needs to have its steering worked on, which I understand is in the works.

Secondly, both v33x and Rockford are based on Minnesota themed towns.  They are very United States.  In the US, the Ford F-Series is the most common stable of vehicles on the road for the EMS/EMT.

The smaller Chevy/Ford/Mercedes vans are usually used for medical supplies and emergency bio-transportation.  They are not used for civilian treatment or transport.

If we were to do a different vehicle for the Medic, there would be two options to look at.

- Publicly funded vehicles are often used for rapid response vehicles.  These are typically your SUVs, the Tahoe/Suburban/Explorer type.  They are usually not purchased by the government, but if one is offered as a donation it is re purposed for a senior EMS operator to use to get to the scene first.  You don't see these very often because... they are not actually sought out.  The EMS is not going to turn away a free vehicle however.

[Image: 325px-Darien_EMS-Post_53.JPG]

- You get a Medium-Duty ambulance, these are usually truck-based vehicles that are able to haul more equipment and transport more than one person at a time.  These you'd see as Internationals, Freightliners, Peterbuilts.... they are larger than what we have today, but it would give some variety.

[Image: Ambulance.jpg]

Hopefully that helps.  Overall, I'm +support for more variety in vehicles as long as it is accurate to the country and state.  -support if medics can just hop in their VW Golf or Ferrari to get to the scene.
Ambulance fix was approved?

Well +support for a paramedic tahoe
I'd like for the jobs to use realistic vehicles and not the ones that are just the fastest.
I think it would be the best and most realistic if people used the ambulance, but the handling and engine does need some much-needed love.
(Mar 14, 2016, 06:54 AM)SirWulf Wrote: [ -> ]I'm conflicted about this one.  First of all, the Ambulance we have today is a great vehicle.  It just needs to have its steering worked on, which I understand is in the works.

Secondly, both v33x and Rockford are based on Minnesota themed towns.  They are very United States.  In the US, the Ford F-Series is the most common stable of vehicles on the road for the EMS/EMT.

The smaller Chevy/Ford/Mercedes vans are usually used for medical supplies and emergency bio-transportation.  They are not used for civilian treatment or transport.

If we were to do a different vehicle for the Medic, there would be two options to look at.

- Publicly funded vehicles are often used for rapid response vehicles.  These are typically your SUVs, the Tahoe/Suburban/Explorer type.  They are usually not purchased by the government, but if one is offered as a donation it is re purposed for a senior EMS operator to use to get to the scene first.  You don't see these very often because... they are not actually sought out.  The EMS is not going to turn away a free vehicle however.

- You get a Medium-Duty ambulance, these are usually truck-based vehicles that are able to haul more equipment and transport more than one person at a time.  These you'd see as Internationals, Freightliners, Peterbuilts.... they are larger than what we have today, but it would give some variety.

Hopefully that helps.  Overall, I'm +support for more variety in vehicles as long as it is accurate to the country and state.  -support if medics can just hop in their VW Golf or Ferrari to get to the scene.
(Mar 20, 2016, 07:42 AM)SoTotallySours Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 14, 2016, 06:54 AM)SirWulf Wrote: [ -> ]I'm conflicted about this one.  First of all, the Ambulance we have today is a great vehicle.  It just needs to have its steering worked on, which I understand is in the works.

The smaller Chevy/Ford/Mercedes vans are usually used for medical supplies and emergency bio-transportation. [1]  They are not used for civilian treatment or transport.

- Publicly funded vehicles are often used for rapid response vehicles.  These are typically your SUVs, the Tahoe/Suburban/Explorer type.[2] They are usually not purchased by the government [3], but if one is offered as a donation it is re purposed for a senior EMS operator to use to get to the scene first.  You don't see these very often because... they are not actually sought out.  The EMS is not going to turn away a free vehicle however.

I agree with wolf but only on a few points, but I do have a few corrections to make in regards to my IRL experience in EMS.

1. The "smaller" type 2 ambulance [Image bellow] Are not used as supply wagons, they are used by private based ambulance providers. They are cheaper, good on fuel and do the job. 

2. SUVs [image below] are normally your extra duty vehicles, In some areas they are your supervisor response vehicles, event stand by, Community Paramedic car, or in areas with only BLS [Basic life support] ambulances they are the paramedic response vehicle.

3. Fire Chief vehicle are purchased by the local government; the image is from a department I did most of my clinicals with, driven by only the Chief and washed by everyone in the building two times a day. Slick top, with lights all around. (Fire based, yes I know but was purchased by the local gov) 

In regards to the topic, -support. Seeing how very few models we have for ambulances on the workshop, I say we stick with the type 1 and if a type 2 comes out we change to that because of how bad driving is in this game and how narrow the streets are.

Ambulances come in many forms but all must comply with Federal Specification KKK-A-1822 here in the US, below are more ambulance pictures because they give me a hard-on and you an idea of how all of the following transport people. Ps, ALL ambulances can transport two people, but things like protocol and HIPAA keep that from happening, the only exception is a Mass-Casualty event.

Thank you for clarifying Vfib. It can get tricky as every city, county, state have slightly different rules out there. Hence the variety.

I like what we have now, it just needs better steering. They can turn much better than what is in the game now.
My kingdom for an ambulance with better handling.
+ support... Lets be honest... The ambulance is poo
+Support

Maybe something like this?

[Image: Ambulance-rapid-responder.jpg]
Or an EMS skin (US style for Rockford, UK for Evo) for the fire suburban with the same limitations (2 gov rep, and unable to resupply from it.)  

Here is one that is already done that just needs a bit of work.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...searchtext=
Pages: 1 2