Limelight Forums

Full Version: Build Server - Extended Prop Usage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Suggestion:

Enable unlimited prop-usage on the Build Server but create a warning system that will notify you when you are exceeding the prop-limit, similar to the notification that the President and VP see when a warrant is sent their way.

The message can simply be, "You have reached your maximum prop-limit of 40 props" however you will be able to still spawn props after that.

Reason:

The purpose of this is to enable builders to use the build server to create builds that exceed the normal prop limit that can be used for RP events or for staff use or simply lay out a collection of dupes that will eventually be pieced together by multiple players. Being able to build with all components present makes things much easier and saves players from having to request a developer to come onto the build server to set an extended prop limit.
-Support
Pointless if you only have 40 props on the main servers
(Feb 26, 2016, 09:19 PM)Python Wrote: [ -> ]-Support

It easier than asking an admin to provide you with higher prop-limit and noclip on the live.

Huge +Support, but after 40 props maybe a small cooldown to avoid spam?
(Feb 26, 2016, 09:56 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]

It easier than asking an admin to provide you with higher prop-limit and noclip on the live.

You would have to ask them anyways though as Nevy's suggestion was only for the build server
(Feb 26, 2016, 10:11 PM)Python Wrote: [ -> ]

You would have to ask them anyways though as Nevy's suggestion was only for the build server

Let me make this clear, if you want to make anything above 40 props on build server, you need to get an admin to join you give you access to higher proplimit.

I see no problem as long as someone is not able to spam props and crash the build server. It saves time having it that way.

Also, when your build is done you simply need to ask an admin to raise your prop limit. No need to be annoyed or annoy people. (Building on the live server is a pain on the ass for both the builder and the players who want to put down their dupes.)
(Feb 26, 2016, 10:17 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]

Let me make this clear, if you want to make anything above 40 props on build server, you need to get an admin to join you give you access to higher proplimit.

I see no problem as long as someone is not able to spam props and crash the build server. It saves time having it that way.

Also, when your build is done you simply need to ask an admin to raise your prop limit. No need to be annoyed or annoy people. (Building on the live server is a pain on the ass for both the builder and the players who want to put down their dupes.)

Yes yes, but I'm pretty sure staff are only allowed to give out a higher prop limit for things like events and not just some 60 prop café
(Feb 26, 2016, 10:35 PM)Python Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes yes, but I'm pretty sure staff are only allowed to give out a higher prop limit for things like events and not just some 60 prop café

Still, thats up to admins to decide. As far as I see it, this would just make it easier for players and admins.
(Feb 26, 2016, 10:35 PM)Python Wrote: [ -> ]

python, us people who actually build on the server build things that can exceed 40 props and could possibly take up 240 props for example, which would be made up of 6 different dupes that come together and each one could either be placed down by a separate player, such as clan members, people participating in an RP, an admin who would be willing to do it because it is going to encourage roleplay, etc etc

typically you can get more than 40 props on the main server anyways if you are doing an RP
+Support
Great Suggestion.
Will allow a massive dupe to be made all in one or many multiple dupes made and able to see the final product and then save into many dupes for friends to spawn down.
+Support
Poll Added.

Please add your Support as soon as possible.

Thank you for your cooperation.
I think what Nevy suggests is having prop limit up to 300 on the build server only as that's the maximum the limit can be increased to. Players would get a notification when they pass their normal prop limit. This makes sense as the new smart weld also has options to choose how many props should be in a weld.

+Support
+Support.
+Support

When people go over the actual amount of props they have they should be given a warning about how they will have to ask an admin to increase their prop limit on the live server and that they are not guaranteed to get their props increased.
Pages: 1 2