Limelight Forums

Full Version: Security guard suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Suggestion for: in game 

In detail, explain your suggestion: So I wanted to start a job as a permanent security officer only to find that they don't carrys any weapons, handcuffs ect. My suggestion is to either have security guards spawn with handcuffs, asp baton, and search ability or allow them to manufacture them. 

Why should this be implemented?: I believe it will make crime a less frequent and if needed help out law enforcement with the detainment of offenders. [font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, 'Nimbus Sans L', Arial, 'Liberation Sans', sans-serif]Other local and state governments occasionally enter into special contracts with security agencies to provide patrol services in public areas. These personnel are sometimes referred to as "private police officers". [font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, 'Nimbus Sans L', Arial, 'Liberation Sans', sans-serif]authority to act upon reported observations that security does not have the authority to act upon. However, some states allow Licensed Security Officers full arrest powers equal to those of a Sheriff's Deputy.[/font][/font]
+Support

Handcuffs seem reasonable, however I'm not sure they should have weapons issued to them on spawn, even a baton. Requiring them to furnish their own weapon is perfectly reasonable, that is how it's done around here anyways.
They should get something to aid them in the job. Also everyone can search.
+Support for the handcuffs
-Support for the Guns
+support on non-lethal additions. Handcuffs, taser... a guard with lethal firearms are not used for anything but high-risk areas, and even some of those don't allow weapons inside the facilities anyway. So, nothing lethal but they could at least use a baton or taser to subdue any threat.
+support
+ Support

I think they should spawn with handcuffs and/or ASP batons
+Support for the handcuffs.
+Support for handcuffs and non-lethal weapons.
They should be able to buy the handcuffs/zipties and the tazer and be able to buy and use it when security guards.
Poll Added.

Please add your Support as soon as possible.

Thank you for your cooperation.
This suggestion is in voting stage. You have 7 days to participate before we move it to >Declined< or >Popular<.

Please note: A suggestion in the >Popular< section may be moved to >Declined< or >Approved<
+support for cuffs and perhaps a taser. Even if they are purchasable or craftable (, depleted taser cells), it would help allow for guards to be less-lethal.
Approved for handcuffs and non-lethal weapons.
Added handcuffs in revision 2977.
https://limelightgaming.net/services/cha...p?rev=2977

Due to the way tasers ammo is handled, tasers won't be added for security guards at this time.