Limelight Forums

Full Version: Redefine the 'SWAT Patrolling Rule'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Suggestion for (In Game)

Redefine the SWAT patrolling rule

In Detail explain your suggestion:

Recently, playing as SWAT, my partner and I were dealing with a distress signal given out from a cop, when we arrived on scene, the officer was dead and the suspect had vanished. This lead to an immediate search of the area by myself and my Partner (Mrbon) of the houses around waterfront.
          (It must be noted that we found the suspect that was picked up by a red mustang.)
The suspect was found in the water after he pulled up in a lambo with his friend, we began to detain the driver, but the passenger ran into the lake. Myself and Mrbon attempted to get him out of the lake, myself firing shots off to attempt to get the suspect out of the middle of the lake but he refused and ran down the Hospital road. We arrested the driver and began to drive around the last known location, where we saw a red mustang that had the suspect inside (wearing the same suit.) We proceeded to give chase, calling in for backup from the Police officers in the area, of which they did not respond.
            After a brief look we found the suspects and began the chase once more, (Note: Both sirens and Lights were on CODE 3) ending up by the Corleone estate on the way to BP.
           This is where George came out of no where and grabbed us and questioned us for patrolling. Thus ending the roleplay.
Shortly after we were killed.

Why should this be implemented?

Because the SWAT will only go out on a call if they are called, if they are out, with decent hours, you'll know they arent patrolling.

The Rule should be redefined to allow them to roam if they're looking for a Suspect of their own. It would be their investigation, not the police force.

PLEASE BE ADVISED. THIS IS NOT A REQUEST TO CHANGE THE RULE FOR THE PATROLLING, IT IS TO ALLOW SWAT TO CONDUCT THEIR OWN INVESTIGATIONS.
- Support. If the suspects are long gong. Return to nexus, get cops to look for them. Not SWAT.
Please bare in mind that SWAT would deal with the situation as their own IRL, not the Officers, but thank you for you input.
- Support as investigation are jobs for the police, the SWAT job purpose in my opinion is to provide backup for the police in heavily threatening situations like hostage situations.
(Feb 11, 2016, 12:41 AM)BlackOut Wrote: [ -> ]- Support as investigation are jobs for the police, the SWAT job purpose in my opinion is to provide backup for the police in heavily threatening situations like hostage situations.
-Support : Being the SWAT means you're in it for the door knock downs, and the donuts in the break room.
I'm only against SWAT performing the role of patrol officers(speeders, dometic disturbances). If a felony is involved then SWAT should be able to assist as they are LEOs  by every definition(opening scene from Jack Reacher is one of my favorites). There have been circumstances where SWAT officers have been involved in chases where the driver was considered armed and dangerous.
+Support if there is a manhunt ongoing and situations like that. Pursuits could also be thrown in there as seen by this video. (Skip to 14 minutes)

I always assist in manhunts and dangerous pursuits when I am SWAT. Done IRL and nothing against it in the rules as far as I know
+Support

Though the patroling thing as far as i know only refers to the general patroling action.

IE: The way in which police just patrol the streets on the lookout for crime and other such things.

It does not refer to the searching of active criminals that they have been called out to assist with. Refer to Venoms above video.
It's not SWATs job to do investigations, leave that to Police Officers as that's their area.
SWAT respond to situations where there's a high threat.

- Support.
I think he means enzyme after theyve been called out to an area, in the example he gave they arrived, everyones dead, but suspects we're in the area, they investigated, found them and ended up having to pursue.

In such a situation it makes logical sense for SWAT to sweep the area and look for the suspects since the officer who called them in is Nowhere to be seen, and or dead, and if the suspects attempt to flee from them, it makes sense to pursue while calling in other officers to assist.
Investigations are hard to perform when someone's still trying to kill me.
+support

as venom and blackdog said
+Support for giving SWAT the ability to see a call to its end.

When someone kills a cop IRL, every person with a badge and a gun, including SWAT and Police, are out there trying to find that scumbag.

If you've ever been in a city where a cop has been killed and they're searching for the scumbag, you'll know what I mean. The next city over starts mobilizing all their resources if theres even the smallest chance the shooter fled there. SWAT Trucks, Sheriffs, Local Police, State Police, State Police Helicopters, they pull out everything to hunt that guy down.

Not allowing SWAT to bring a suspect to justice because they showed up too late to help the Officer while he was alive is stupid. This needs to be corrected.
Pages: 1 2