Limelight Forums

Full Version: Precision Alignment Tool
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Suggestion for: In game;
New, better tool, Precision Alignment
Link: https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1239976

In detail, explain your suggestion: There's a pretty useful tool called Precision Alignment. It's a build tool, but in 328KB of files it gives you MANY MANY options that you can't utilize with normal Precision tool. The main function is to move props, based on points/lines/planes. It allows complex operations on those three "objects", like mirroring, creating a point on the intersection of 3 planes, rotating, point-plane projection etc. Some of the very basic functions are here:

Why should this be implemented?
Some of the players are selling their dupes. I would like to create and sell them too... but standard Precision tool gives me a cancer... It's very hard to build something that looks good. When I'm playing on Sandbox servers (those better ones, with many addons, ex. are SProps and Precision Alignment) people and me are building cars, buildings, planes and other things with this tool. But you could say: "Hey, this is roleplay server, not a build-only crap". Yes. It's roleplay, but why there's a Precision then? So bugged, mostly like outdated and at least rarely used by me (and some other people that I met on Sandbox servers). I'm using this tool like 4 years now, mainly "possessed" this tool without any tutorials. I can give some "lessons" because it's not that easy when you never visited Sandbox. Well, now screenshots of some builds:

[Image: 0E688F9C7795C9506D1DE9C3E9A56146F3101917]
[Image: 5D377F17BD6805F07BBDD504F9CE7EFB5AC0BEC0]
[Image: 851F074416A33CBE5147BC126EEDEE20AEBAA35C]
[Image: D8533755D19E418545D28BD2B8539858B46E7CF9]
how do i say this.....FUCK YEAH
+SUPPORT
+support
+Support
+Support

As a builder working with the "standard" precision tool feels outdated as you said compared to the precision alignment tool.
+Support
Someone that really knows how this tool works (all features from point to plane) please add me on steam. I want to discuss something

Do not add me if you do not know this tool REALLY well.
Approved
I know i'm a little late.. but HELL YEA!
+Support
Done.