Limelight Forums

Full Version: Is It Time To Reconsider ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys,

Alot of you may not know me, as I have very minimal time on the servers, however was the first one to successfully connect on launch night and played quite a bit they days....however I fell away from Limelight and found myself drifting back to fearless for the simple reason that LL is just not fun, theres hardly ever players on and at a maximum its probably 20 on a goodnight.

I mean isnt this familiar to you ?

[Image: JZeZ8k1.png]

Fair enough LL has better content, it has better staff (some excluded) and it has better development however, it doesnt have a player base or a community that makes it fun, at all. I come on, get bored shitless due to about one guy and his cat playing then I leave again.

It begs the question was LL a bad idea ? A lot of time and money has went into this and I dont see it lasting a year....
Well LL wasn't a bad idea - people were sick of the way FearlessRP was managed and decided to form a better one.
More information on that here - https://www.fearlessrp.org/

Unfortunately the DDoS against LL by a certain community owner's friend a while ago hit the community hard and hasn't really recovered in terms of popularity.
There's some new things coming soon that we hope will help raise numbers on the server, wouldn't jump ship quite yet.
Believe it or not, player counts are going up.

We had a very good launch and our servers were very populated. We were then hit by a massive attack ordered by a certain person. This attack hit us hard and caused many people to stop playing.

Since then, we've continued to update the server and forums. We are still relatively new, having been around for the better part of 4 months. We have a hard working staff team and, although small, a loyal playerbase of great roleplayers.

We're not going to stop any time soon, we have great plans in works that we hope will provide the best, most immersive gameplay possible. We thank those who have stuck around and hope they will continue to do so.

We have also never said to pick one community or another, why not play on both?
I came over to Limelight because virtually all of the people I play with and talk to went over, and hence I've lost any motivation to be anywhere else. That on top of the difference in staff teams and the way that they administrate their servers. I'm probably bias but I don't much like some of the team on the other community or how they manage it. When you think about it, Limelight is a pretty solid community for being such a young community, and I hope it stays around for a while.
Coming from the US, I do find it extremely common to get home and see nobody on the servers. I try and log in a roam a bit hoping to see someone pop in. But more often than not, nothing. About the only time I have the chance to play with people is during the weekend, and even then during the day which... I'm often busy with my family. When I have more time in the evening, once again. Nothing.

It is very disappointing yes, but there is one thing certain. I will not return to the old servers no matter how big it gets. I'm done with them. I hold no ill towards anyone that play there, just on the owner.

What I'd like to see certainly, is more activity from all, it feels to me that there has been a sharp decline in activity in the past few months from even the most active. Especially in the administration team. I hate to say it, but just like police and any other form of leadership... you lead by example. If you can't be on, why would others?

In the past two weeks, the administration has averaged 14.10 hours. The highest was 71 hours, the lowest 0.2 with four admins at 0. That is very low. Now I mean no offense to anyone, just pointing out that if the staff of any company has such a low turnout, the customers themselves will follow suit.

I have high hopes for this place. I am not going anywhere. I look forward to seeing things kicking into gear again soon.
Most people have said it already.

We're doing well for a community only 4 months old.
Forums and nice displays won't bring us people though. You are our people!
I know it sucks being the first one on the servers, but that's why y'all got Steam friends. Invite them, ask an admin to help with an event, do your bit!

Everything needs a starting force in order to gain energy (I think. Idk. Physics sucks.)!
Never lose sight of why we made this community. With all things considered, we are doing pretty well for ourselves.

Let's be patient because, as others have mentioned, we still have plans in progress and others being discussed to improve LimeLight as a whole.
Well, I've been here since day 1 and i will stay till the last day.
(Dec 4, 2015, 12:43 PM)Innovative Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I've been here since day 1 and i will stay till the last day.
(Dec 4, 2015, 12:45 PM)Chocolate Labrador Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 4, 2015, 12:43 PM)Innovative Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I've been here since day 1 and i will stay till the last day.

Someone wants mod.

Loyalty goes a very long way and shouldn't be shamed upon.
(Dec 4, 2015, 02:45 PM)Chocolate Labrador Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 4, 2015, 02:28 PM)Nacreas Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 4, 2015, 12:45 PM)Chocolate Labrador Wrote: [ -> ]

Someone wants mod.

Loyalty goes a very long way and shouldn't be shamed upon.

Just a joke. I don't mind who's loyal and who's not.

Fair enough. Regardless, you will get far with loyalty 'round here as it brings out the best in people.
Speaking of mods I noticed there haven't been any for quite a few months now.
(Dec 4, 2015, 03:10 PM)Noble Wrote: [ -> ]Speaking of mods I noticed there haven't been any for quite a few months now.

With the release of the US dedicated server, we will most likely look into getting a few extra hands about the place to cater for the EU and US timezones.
Wasnt it Fallout 4 what just got the player numbers down ? because before fallout 4 it was 20-30 players everyday and i enjoyed that time
Pages: 1 2