Limelight Forums

Full Version: Nerf 70% kevlar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Suggestion for <in-game/forum/teamspeak etc.>
In-game
In detail, explain your suggestion:
I have several things in mind, all of which that could be used to reduce the power of the 70% kevlar.
My suggestions are (one or more at once, but definitely not all of them, that would be ridiculous, and not b and c together). Feel free to comment any of your ideas and I'll add them if they sound reasonable.
a) Give SWAT default 70% kevlar.
b) Wearing 70% kevlar makes you unable to sprint. Ever.
c) Wearing 70% kevlar slows you down by a % (something high, like 30-50%)
d) 70% kevlar shows up on your character model and visible to people so it can be outlawed (probably too much of a pain to implement)
e) It takes you a long(er) time to put on/remove the ceramic kevlar.
f) If you get shot while wearing the ceramic kevlar you cannot remove it even if you are at full health.
g) Wearing 70% kevlar makes you unable to use health kits, or health kits take way longer to apply.

Because people will definitely misread: It's supposed to be pick one or a few, I am not saying we need to do all of the above, that is too much.

Why should this be implemented?
The 70% kevlar is stupidly overpowered and needs to be nerfed in some way. Regular police was already almost completely useless in raids without investing into additional guns, but now they are pretty much armed with BB guns. There is no reason to use regular kevlar anymore, the 70% is slightly less efficient in %protection/Money but so slightly that it gets completely crushed by the benefit of having god damn 70% kevlar. (regular kevlar $30 per %1 damage reduction, enhanced kevlar $32 per %1 damage reduction). Increasing the cost of the ceramic kevlar WILL NOT HELP because it will make rich players even more OP than they are.

EDITS: Changed slow value from 50% to 30-50%. Crossed out suggestion F because I realized how stupid it is. Changed "long" to "long(er)".
Average weight of a ceramic rifle plate: 8 lbs. It will not slow you to 50% speed, though I'd imagine that's what it's like to wear an EOD body suit. Why it would hinder the use of a med kit I'm not sure, they can be peeled off of someone just as easily as any vest. I would assume whoever designed chest rigs had medical attention in mind. Have you ever put a chest rig on? Not as difficult as you think, you really just throw it over your shoulders and secure some velcro straps. Too much nerfing in my opinion.
-support
(Nov 3, 2015, 07:25 PM)Cookie Overlord link Wrote: [ -> ]a) Give SWAT default 70% kevlar.
b) Wearing 70% kevlar makes you unable to sprint. Ever.
c) Wearing 70% kevlar slows you down by a % (something high, like 50%)
d) 70% kevlar shows up on your character model and visible to people so it can be outlawed (probably too much of a pain to implement)
e) It takes you a long time to put on/remove the ceramic kevlar.
f) If you get shot while wearing the ceramic kevlar you cannot remove it even if you are at full health.
g) Wearing 70% kevlar makes you unable to use health kits, or health kits take way longer to apply.

I can +Support for A,C(Halving the speed is good enough),D since it's reasonable enough and doesn't affect the item itself (With C and D) and SWAT is usually heavily armoured so it makes sense for them to be standard equipped with it.

but what I -Support with is F,G, because it'll just ruin gameplay for them.

And i'm 50/50 on the E option because on the good side people will think smart when to use it because just jumping out your car and taking 1 second to put it is way to bs but on the bad side I believe it's still somewhat easy to put on due today's tech on body armor protection systems.

I am mostly a Officer on patrol and what I just can't deal with is people who jump out of their cars or run out of their houses and I can't do batshit because of my peashooter-17 but then again I don't want people with 70% kevlar to be nerfed to hell and not make it fun for them too.

So TLBig GrinR I am fine with one or two nerfs but nerfing it too much will just cause problems.
(Nov 3, 2015, 08:03 PM)Toxic link Wrote: [ -> ]Average weight of a ceramic rifle plate: 8 lbs. It will not slow you to 50% speed, though I'd imagine that's what it's like to wear an EOD body suit. Why it would hinder the use of a med kit I'm not sure, they can be peeled off of someone just as easily as any vest. I would assume whoever designed chest rigs had medical attention in mind. Have you ever put a chest rig on? Not as difficult as you think, you really just throw it over your shoulders and secure some velcro straps. Too much nerfing in my opinion.
-support

Wow I even put it in bold because I knew people would say "too much nerfing". Of course all of them at once will be too much, I'm saying do either this, or that, or that.

It's difficult applying medical help to damaged areas while the kevlar is still on (assuming there are some damaged areas under the kevlar).

IRL you won't be slowed to 50% and you won't be impeded from using health kits but IRL you also can't use health kits to instantly cure a clip of bullets fired in your chest and you can't use chest rigs to protect your face and limbs from damage so don't go comparing this to real life.
-Support , they are meanted to make players more danger
(Nov 3, 2015, 07:25 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]a) Give SWAT default 70% kevlar.

Neutral - S.W.A.T can equip this now with the police armory. (I know this is an old thread)

(Nov 3, 2015, 07:25 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]b) Wearing 70% kevlar makes you unable to sprint. Ever.

I prefer option C over this but this is a good replacement if C isn't used.

(Nov 3, 2015, 07:25 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]c) Wearing 70% kevlar slows you down by a % (something high, like 30-50%)

+Support

(Nov 3, 2015, 07:25 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]d) 70% kevlar shows up on your character model and visible to people so it can be outlawed (probably too much of a pain to implement)

+Support

(Nov 3, 2015, 07:25 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]e) It takes you a long(er) time to put on/remove the ceramic kevlar.

+Support

(Nov 3, 2015, 07:25 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]g) Wearing 70% kevlar makes you unable to use health kits, or health kits take way longer to apply.

-Support
-Support, because lets just remove the whole ceramic plating, its too OP
The idea is a step in the right direction however I do not believe this is how it should be nerfed, a easy system which will make the game more realistic is just to matter about headshots, leg shots etc, e.g places where you have't got ceramic on you.
This suggestion has been moved to the Voting section for a final community vote.

Voting on this suggestion will last for a week.
+support for a nerf, but not the types of nerfs which are being suggested in this thread. As PaulB said, I'd change Kevlar and ceramic to only reduce damage to the torso and maybe the arms. Either that, or I'd remove ceramic completely.
-Support - I'd rather it be removed.

*COUGH COUGH* https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-14231.html
Pushing for Staff Review.
Minor Nerf: Ceramic Removed.