Limelight Forums

Full Version: New Rule!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Suggestion for <in-game/forum/teamspeak etc.>
In-Game

In detail, explain your suggestion:
Add a rule stating that even if someone owns a portion of a house, if they do not own the front door, they do not own the house, therefore, if someone buys the front door, they must leave.

EDIT: If you own the front door, you automatically own all of the doors attached to the property and we can then remove the door limit. In place of the door limit, perhaps we could restrict it to one property per player (depending on the size of the property, of course).

Why should this be implemented?
I've had a complication with a player that bought a garage door and did not own the front house door. I bought it, but since I found out there is no rule stating whether I have the right to the entire house when someone owned a portion of it first, it caused quite the argument.
+Support

Yes, it did cause quite the confusion
+Support. Owning the front door means owning the whole property, that's kind of an unwritten rule most people agree on. Should be a written rule to clarify.
+Support
This could be a confusing rule for a few areas.  It is true that most all the residential houses are straightforward.  There are a few cases however that could lead to further interpretation... On v33x for example:

The Offices.  You can own the front doors, however there is a lot of offices and levels inside.
Tides Hotel.  Four front doors purchases the entire building including all of the rooms inside that should be rentable?
Hospital.  Neither the front doors or the rear doors are purchasable, the entire interior is however, including the lobby doors.  Would anyone actually own the building?
MTL. There is no real front door there.  A guard house and two gates.  Even so, multiple buildings and many areas could be owned with just a quick purchase.
Industial Warehouse. There is a building across from MTL that has a fenced in backyard, it has two buildings connected by a second floor walkway.  Would this be classified as one building or two?  And which door would be considered the owned door?
Old Motel. There are two purchasable doors at this building, all rest of the rooms have no doors.
BP Gas Station. Two doors, each side of the building, both are entrances.  Both need to be purchased to be owned?

Just want to make sure that there are no loopholes floating around.
(Oct 30, 2015, 02:14 AM)SirWulf link Wrote: [ -> ]This could be a confusing rule for a few areas.  It is true that most all the residential houses are straightforward.  There are a few cases however that could lead to further interpretation... On v33x for example:

The Offices.  You can own the front doors, however there is a lot of offices and levels inside.
Tides Hotel.  Four front doors purchases the entire building including all of the rooms inside that should be rentable?
Hospital.  Neither the front doors or the rear doors are purchasable, the entire interior is however, including the lobby doors.  Would anyone actually own the building?
MTL. There is no real front door there.  A guard house and two gates.  Even so, multiple buildings and many areas could be owned with just a quick purchase.
Industial Warehouse. There is a building across from MTL that has a fenced in backyard, it has two buildings connected by a second floor walkway.  Would this be classified as one building or two?  And which door would be considered the owned door?
Old Motel. There are two purchasable doors at this building, all rest of the rooms have no doors.
BP Gas Station. Two doors, each side of the building, both are entrances.  Both need to be purchased to be owned?

Just want to make sure that there are no loopholes floating around.

Thanks for the post, I heavily agree with you, but this post is simply so that people don't get mixed up with houses, it wasn't intended for company areas. The Staff could perhaps expand on it, but for now, this rule is all I want! Big Grin
Alright then.  So for the residential houses, I will put a +support on that.
Why not just have it so that if you own the front door, you automatically own all of the doors attached to the property and we can then remove the door limit. In place of the door limit, perhaps we could restrict it to one property per player (depending on the size of the property, of course).

Having this would remove the entire possibility of one person owning a fraction of a building and it wouldn't require an extra rule either.
(Oct 30, 2015, 10:39 AM)Nacreas link Wrote: [ -> ]Why not just have it so that if you own the front door, you automatically own all of the doors attached to the property and we can then remove the door limit. In place of the door limit, perhaps we could restrict it to one property per player (depending on the size of the property, of course).

Having this would remove the entire possibility of one person owning a fraction of a building and it wouldn't require an extra rule either.

This exactly.

To add to that:
We should modify the doors menu so that the person who purchased the front door is able to assign owners to other specific doors within the property. I believe this would be able to sort out the issue regarding buildings such as the office buildings and MTL brought up before.

+Support
(Oct 30, 2015, 10:39 AM)Nacreas link Wrote: [ -> ]Why not just have it so that if you own the front door, you automatically own all of the doors attached to the property and we can then remove the door limit. In place of the door limit, perhaps we could restrict it to one property per player (depending on the size of the property, of course).

I like this idea. I'll add it to OP.
Ok I really like Nacreas' idea with Cameron's addition.

I can imagine the Tides being RP'd where the rooms could be rented using the menu system.

Plus, this whole system would prevent someone from Minging by buying a door or garage you forgot while you are setting up and such.

Yes, I like.
Approved to Nac's idea
NOTICE: Due to large numbers of suggestion approvals, content pushing way take some time to organize, quality assure and push to our live serves.  Please be patient.
Added a while back.

(Aug 5, 2017, 12:06 AM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]The rules already state that to own the property you need to own the front door.
7.8 Do not buy any internal doors of a building, if someone else owns the main (Front) doors. You must ask their permission before buying them.