Limelight Forums

Full Version: Bring back Money Packs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Suggestion for <in-game/forum/teamspeak etc.> Bring Back Money Packs

In detail, explain your suggestion: Bringing back the money packs that would give you $50,000 ingame cash

Why should this be implemented? Why Shouldnt it be implemented? I mean look, We get 50k ingame and Temar gets e.g. £2.00 per moneypack to spend on development or whatever, Its a win-win situation, right?
(Oct 30, 2015, 12:40 AM)iPythonHD link Wrote: [ -> ]Its a win-win situation, right?

Not for those who cannot afford moneypacks.
(Oct 30, 2015, 05:55 PM)Markus link Wrote: [ -> ][quote author=iPythonHD link=topic=2523.msg24468#msg24468 date=1446158419] Its a win-win situation, right?
Not for those who cannot afford moneypacks. [/quote]

It's the same situation with people who don't have the time to farm contra and meth. Either way someone is going to lose out.
(Oct 30, 2015, 06:03 PM)DonkeyWaffles link Wrote: [ -> ][quote author=Markus link=topic=2523.msg24544#msg24544 date=1446220555] [quote author=iPythonHD link=topic=2523.msg24468#msg24468 date=1446158419] Its a win-win situation, right?
Not for those who cannot afford moneypacks. [/quote]

It's the same situation with people who don't have the time to farm contra and meth. Either way someone is going to lose out.
[/quote]

Exactly. I think it is good as it is. Right now it is just enough to not feel like P2W.
+Support

Changed my opinion
(Oct 30, 2015, 06:27 PM)Kyle Fraser link Wrote: [ -> ]-Support
This would ruin the economy.

[Image: mYafSGE.jpg]

What's your point exactly?
Alright so I'm going to try to keep this relatively simple. We will most likely be re-instating money packs for a multitude of reasons.

#1 - We have no true economy, that's impossible on Gmod. It will never happen...
#2 - People don't want to sit for hours trying to get money. We're losing potential players by having such a huge starting hurdle.
#3 - People would rather contrawhore than passive RP right now. The result is far less RP than if money packs were instated.
#4 - Money making is repetitive and many players don't care to do it.. They'd rather play else where or other games, etc.
(Oct 30, 2015, 06:49 PM)Vauld link Wrote: [ -> ]Alright so I'm going to try to keep this relatively simple. We will most likely be re-instating money packs for a multitude of reasons.

#1 - We have no true economy, that's impossible on Gmod. It will never happen...
#2 - People don't want to sit for hours trying to get money. We're losing potential players by having such a huge starting hurdle.
#3 - People would rather contrawhore than passive RP right now. The result is far less RP than if money packs were instated.
#4 - Money making is repetitive and many players don't care to do it.. They'd rather play else where or other games, etc.

Well if it will truly bring more players and better player interaction then I'm in. +Support
+ SUPPORT
I'm tired of grinding to make money for simple things, i would rather have money and RP Alot more.
Meth already screws up the economy anyways, so... +support. No harm. Though inb4 someone spends like 100+ pounds and instantly goes to top of richest players list Big Grin
I'm really not sure this thread has a need, the people that will -support are those with In-Game money and that don't want to be taken over by people that buy money, on the other hand, people just starting will +support as they want to get some starting cash.

In my opinion, the Economy isn't that bad, currently, and so, adding money packs will definitely make the economy worse. There are negatives either way, so it all comes down to the Owners decision..

Like I said, this thread isn't needed, in my opinion.
(Oct 31, 2015, 07:00 PM)Mr. Oblichicken link Wrote: [ -> ]I'm really not sure this thread has a need, the people that will -support are those with In-Game money and that don't want to be taken over by people that buy money, on the other hand, people just starting will +support as they want to get some starting cash.

In my opinion, the Economy isn't that bad, currently, and so, adding money packs will definitely make the economy worse. There are negatives either way, so it all comes down to the Owners decision..

Do you enjoy farming, rather then RP'ing?
Pay2Win is the cancer of gaming.
-Support
As much as I despise the idea moneypacks being added, to all you nay-sayers, they are a necessary evil.

Right now people are joining then just getting up and bored of leaving since they don't want to put the time in to farm money. Now, this way there will likely be the rich kid whose family owns an oil rig or something and spends like £200+ on moneypacks, but one player with a lot of money and some who stay with a fair amount is far better than lots of nonexistent players due to the difficulty - no - not difficulty but just monotony of earning money. Therefore, moneypacks are necessary for the server to continue gaining revenue and players.

Regrettably, +Support
(Nov 1, 2015, 01:35 AM)Innovative link Wrote: [ -> ][quote author=Mr. Oblichicken link=topic=2523.msg24676#msg24676 date=1446310830]
I'm really not sure this thread has a need, the people that will -support are those with In-Game money and that don't want to be taken over by people that buy money, on the other hand, people just starting will +support as they want to get some starting cash.

Do you enjoy farming, rather then RP'ing?
[/quote]

As I said, those with money will -support and those without money will +support.
Pages: 1 2