Limelight Forums

Full Version: Expand the Perma-Laws; Add Default Laws
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Where: In-Game

What: We need to add the unwritten Perma-Laws, an example of which is obeying the stop lights.
In addition, I think there should be a section of default laws, for laws that are generally a good idea, but that certain leaders might want to override to suit the needs of their administration and/or the city. These laws would be in place only if there is no President/VP. (Thanks Safira) These would be active unless a law that contradicts them is made. For example, the speed limit signs around the map could be the default speed limits, but then President Jeff Gordon decides those are much too slow, and enacts a speed limit of 75 in the city, and 100 in the country.

Why: Because if you message an admin on Steam and ask if it is illegal to drive backwards down mainstreet at full speed running red lights and swerving wildly even if there is no President they will say yes, call you an idiot for even asking such a dumb question, unfriend you, and block communication. However, the 11 year old in a white H2 you just pulled over for that exact same thing will argue and argue that you're wrong, and then when he is in cuffs about to be hauled away, will threaten to become President and demote you, all because it isn't there in the perma-laws.
As for the default laws, it just seems like a good idea for keeping things flowing smoothly even if there isn't a President on.
+support
+Support
+Support
+ Support, call it like traffic laws or something.
+support  There are a lot of things that would be considered 'common sense' that just isn't followed. 

Obey traffic signs, don't do yoga in the middle of the street, don't run up to the front of emergency vehicles during an emergency, don't continuously hit vehicles as they pass, etc. etc.

Something written down would help officers during the times that no president is present.
+support
+Support

Perhaps default laws are there well... by default... when there's no President, and are automatically removed when someone fills the slot?
+support to OP

(Nov 6, 2015, 08:12 AM)Safira link Wrote: [ -> ]+Support

Perhaps default laws are there well... by default... when there's no President, and are automatically removed when someone fills the slot?

+support to quote

The President needs to create his own laws and roleplay a President, not just money farm, if the speedlimit laws stay there until the President adds a law contradicting that; said President could argue he doesn't need to do his job, as it is done for him.
+support,  when someone I have stopped and detained starts arguing with me about there being no traffic laws placed by the President (that or no president meaning no laws other than the permanent), I usually snap and just arrest them anyway, as common law generally means it's illegal to go ridiculous speeds through a city, as well as blowing through traffic lights and stop signs.
+Support
+Support.

This will help end loads of headaches,  since sometimes theres lack of common sense.
(Nov 6, 2015, 08:12 AM)Safira link Wrote: [ -> ]+Support

Yes, I like this. Gonna edit it in.
+Support I'm liking Safira's idea here about the default laws, as long as we don't make them TOO detailed.
Pushing through to devs.