Limelight Forums

Full Version: Police - Cop Computer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Description: So I see the gamemode is able to get a persons number plate from a database or something, and I don't like it saying 'stolen' in some bright text above the car, so here's what I propose, a simple derma panel that you can open by hitting t or something whilst in a police vechile, then it draws the frame with a Windows XP like OS (as that's what they use), then you can use it to surf the web, warrant people and scan plates to see if the car is stolen, and if a person reports a car is stolen or a person is wanted you can check a database.

Why: As much as this is a 'semi-serious' Roleplay server, I feel text floating from above the car detracts from the Roleplay, and typing out a command is painful, I mean Garry's mod is not a Linux terminal, and trying to get some ones name or number is hard. Also in real life you have the person who is being detained get in the back of your car, but I fear that would be a pain, because minges, so I guess you could have a context menu wich, when a person is handcuffed allows you to put them in the back of your car.

It can easily be made and I think Freemmaann is adding it in a future update to ELS, I was talking to him about it a while back but he is currently foccused on VCmod main ATM and I don't like bothering him Wink.

But yea, sorry if I did not follow the template correctly, I'll put the blame on my iPad for that one.

im cheap and poor and can't be asked to make a niceĀ  signature, so imagine if you will, a generic minecraft channel art, with my name andromeda Wink
[move][Image: phpFjVz.png][/move]
+support
I think I get what you mean... but programming a windows xp interface into Garry's Mod will be a pain in the ass, and it's not at all necessary, as much as it would be nice, I think the devs have more important things to do than to programme anĀ  entire OS into Gmod just to view people that are wanted.

I like the general idea of viewing wanted cars in a police vehicle, though. +support
It would not be an arse, and it does not need to be the whole OS, just look like it, i could do it, would take a week. But yea it would be nice to see
Approved.
+Support