Limelight Forums

Full Version: United States and European Servers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Suggestion for the Community

In detail, explain your suggestion:
At this current moment in time we rely on OVH to host four of our servers and in the case of when they go down or go full retard, we are left without any backup server to host our community own.
I believe it is within the interest of the entire community to have a server based in the United States, preferably in Texas or Colorado so that it's based in the center and gives good pings to United States players while allowing Europeans to come in with non-excessive pings.

As you'd imagine we wouldn't need build servers and we would probably only need one US server(V2D or V3... You know when it comes out) and it wouldn't really cost that much to do have such.

Why should this be implemented?
It's namely be available as a backup for any case of OVH being braindead Frenchies, but otherwise it should be up simply to cater to our sizeable population of American players that suffer from high ping in the European servers. Not to mention we really wouldn't need that big of a server, maybe 60 slots and from there just increase it if the server becomes popular enough.

This should realistically be done for the continuation of our community in times of DDoS attacks on OVH as they are incompetent when it comes to restarting their servers. We should also have a backup Teamspeak if only on the same reasoning or rather it should be connected up to our main website so that we can use it even while the server is down. That or we should have a backup Mumble server.
Also... TopicID is 1911. Purely the most American number ever.
[Image: ithaca-1911-gi.jpg]
texas or colorado host? fuck no. Horrible idea, you have to have it hosted on the Atlantic seaboard. Otherwise the euros will have a worse time connecting, its equal distance when in the middle.
[Image: xFTKhhF.gif]

+Support, even though this thread is overloaded with american things.
+support, need more freedom.
Having a server on the Eastern seaboard is terribad idea though. Most of the infrastructure on the Eastern Seaboard is thin and strained. We need something in the Midwest which is bound to have a decent number of strength behind it to ensure a stable server. Hell, my state of North Dakota has better infrastructure then a majority of the Eastern Seaboard.
(Sep 19, 2015, 05:05 AM)Joey Skylynx link Wrote: [ -> ]Having a server on the Eastern seaboard is terribad idea though. Most of the infrastructure on the Eastern Seaboard is thin and strained. We need something in the Midwest which is bound to have a decent number of strength behind it to ensure a stable server. Hell, my state of North Dakota has better infrastructure then a majority of the Eastern Seaboard.
we need google fiber!
[move]+Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support I SUPPORT THIS #MOREFREEDOM[/move]
[move]+Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support I SUPPORT THIS #MOREFREEDOM[/move]

I support this idea.
Either Dallas or Chicago would be nice.
+Support
One issue I see with this is that it will divide the playerbase. The community will be the same and all, but naturally all US players will want to play where they have no lag, and European players will want to play where they have no lag, either.

Then there's the likes of myself and the Aussies: the stragglers who get lag no matter where...

Neutral for now.
+ support, and to the nay-sayers, try driving a car with 250 ping.
(Sep 19, 2015, 06:28 AM)Safira link Wrote: [ -> ]Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support I SUPPORT THIS #MOREFREEDOM+Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Support +Suppor
(Sep 19, 2015, 06:28 AM)Safira link Wrote: [ -> ]One issue I see with this is that it will divide the playerbase. The community will be the same and all, but naturally all US players will want to play where they have no lag, and European players will want to play where they have no lag, either.

Then there's the likes of myself and the Aussies: the stragglers who get lag no matter where...

Neutral for now.

And the people in the middle east (im currently in the UAE)
Regarding American servers on the East Coast  I have to say the best servers are in New York, New Jersey and my Home State Virginia
American server for Americans. Yes. +support
(Sep 19, 2015, 06:28 AM)Safira link Wrote: [ -> ]One issue I see with this is that it will divide the playerbase. The community will be the same and all, but naturally all US players will want to play where they have no lag, and European players will want to play where they have no lag, either.

Neutral for now.
Sharing the same opinion, we dont have a big enough community to sustain two servers most of the time. V2D has mainly been max of 10 people lately while 33x takes in about 40. Add a third server to the mix and everyone will become even more spread.

Neutral.
Pages: 1 2 3