Limelight Forums

Full Version: Minor Content Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Greetings,
First off, very sorry for the delay in an update on this. We're having some minor issues with Valve and SoulRipper at the moment. When a DMCA is submitted, no matter if valid or not, valve take down the content to avoid them getting sued and they then allow you to claim.

Act first then question later - which I suppose is fair to keep them legally sound.

I've submitted a counter claim to Dawn, the employee working on our case, and we're in direct email contact so it's pretty much instant replies instead of waiting at steam support. Soul now has 10 days to either submit a legal claim though the courts or drop it. From what I can see, the claims are on content 3 and 4. Valve then took down all the packs due to the claims on 3/4. In pack 4 there's just Termin's police models, which I'm 100% sure we have permission to use (check DMCA thread) and in 3 there's nothing that isn't public and is allowed for reuse.

We will be temporarily hosting the content ourselves as of tomorrow until we finish the legal dispute with SoulRipper. This does mean it'll need re downloading but it's that or you can't play. Until then, you can also subscribe to the FL Content Pack that contains most content we also use (it's all public content) apart from the new cars.

I hope to have this resolved soon, and a huge thanks to Dawn over at Valve for working with us on this.

Kind Regards,
Wood.
All content will be fixed by 6PM BST (GMT+1) tomorrow.

We'll be using FastDL for the time being so you'll have to download the content again but this should only be for a week (10 days).

Soul is why we can't have nice things.
(Sep 11, 2015, 02:44 AM)jarz link Wrote: [ -> ]Soul is why we can't have nice things.

Mhm, so childish.
We don't know why Soulripper is targeting Limelight and trying to take it down; but hopefully he'll stop what he's trying to do.
(Sep 11, 2015, 04:57 AM)Enzyme link Wrote: [ -> ]We don't know why Soulripper is targeting Limelight and trying to take it down; but hopefully he'll stop what he's trying to do.

10$ its because noble got his packs taken down
(Sep 11, 2015, 08:15 AM)Voluptious link Wrote: [ -> ][quote author=Enzyme link=topic=1804.msg17150#msg17150 date=1441940237]
We don't know why Soulripper is targeting Limelight and trying to take it down; but hopefully he'll stop what he's trying to do.

10$ its because noble got his packs taken down
[/quote]

And yet him and Coded call me childish, lol.
They're pretty much doing it for revenge, which is really childish. Let's hope this stops here and pretend like nothing happened.
Thing is, WE didn't do the DMCA on FL, Noble&co independently did it whereas Soul did it to ours.

According to Dawn the things will be back in 10 business days. For now, we'll use FastDL.
Noble removed the content without cooperating with LL, which is a good thing but the link to LL is painfully clear. It surprises me that people are commenting that they dont understand why Soul is targeting LL, its very obvious to me.

Im not saying i agree with any of these actions, i still find both parties childish. Soul is taking an aggresive stance while LL staff more taking a passive aggresive stance in my opinion. Not sure which one is better to be honest.

Altough its a shame that valve took the content packs down it doesnt surprise me. Apperantly even my grandma can fill in a DMCA request against the content and it will get removed for 10 days. I hope this gets resolved soon!
10 days is too much.

There's people with limited internet speed, and with all that content, would take hours/days to download all the content from the server.

I had to torrent my addons folder for some of those users, and they still took 1/2 days for them to get all the content.
Meh, Valve have to do it to every DMCA they get as they could get sued for hosting copyrighted content if not.

We now have to wait 10 days for SoulRipper to go against my counter claim and escalated his DMCA to the courts, which'll ofc mean it'll go big and legal. I'm not sure what Soul is going to do, but seens as he owns none of the content in the two packs addressed he won't be able to take it further and Steam will take action against him for false DMCAs.
I'm guessing he'll do the sane thing (take the claims down) and try to avoid anyone else knowing of what he did.
(Sep 11, 2015, 09:13 AM)Kobi Blade link Wrote: [ -> ]10 days is too much.

There's people with limited internet speed, and with all that content, would take hours/days to download all the content from the server.

I had to torrent my addons folder for some of those users, and they still took 1/2 days for them to get all the content.

What exactly do you propose?
FastDL is a perfectly fine alternative for the time being.
Pages: 1 2 3 4