Limelight Forums

Full Version: Minimum playtime for Police
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Suggestion for: in-game

In detail, explain your suggestion: My suggestion is to have a minimum of "X" hours before being able to become a police officer.

Why should this be implemented? I have seen alot of 0-3 hour police officers on this server. Im not claiming that all of them are not doing their job or proper rp, but in many cases ive seen them getting warrants that arent really valid and just arresting people unnecessarily.

This can also make people actually get used to the server before doing this important job as a part of the rp. It also excludes unwanted players from having this kind of rp authority.
+support

maybe 4-6 hours

and sergeant 8-10 hours
I believe this was removed when the servers first opened and no one had enough hours. So...

+Support, lower hour players should get used to the gamemode before roleplaying a job that requires such authority (same goes for the president job).
+Support

Over 10~20h to police officer.

Over 20~30h to police sergeant.

They have way more jobs to rp, and I see no reason for those values to be lower.

By the time a player has 10~20h, should know the rules and take responsability if they don't RP Cop properly.
(Sep 10, 2015, 10:37 AM)Cameron link Wrote:I believe this was removed when the servers first opened and no one had enough hours. So...

+Support, lower hour players should get used to the gamemode before roleplaying a job that requires such authority (same goes for the president job).

I totally agree with you on the president matter. All important jobs that effect the rp flow should be for serious / players with more experience.
afaik the original 4 hour limit for cops was removed when the server was opened up to make it available for everyone because otherwise you'd just be able to happily do crime for the first 4 hours. Though I thought the original plan was to bring back the hour limits going by the updates tab in f1.

While I agree with the hours limit to allow people to learn the gamemode, it can take a few hundred hours to fully learn it from scratch. The only way to properly let people learn the gamemode is letting them do what they want. If they get it wrong, try and steer them on the right course or call staff when available. Sometimes a great role-player can be a low hour that has joined from another community, be it CityRP or another gamemode.

Most jobs in CityRP has a key role, merchants are the only way to get new items into the community, government save lives and keep the city in check. The only ones that don't have  a key role in controlling the flow are citizens, rebels and Corleone. Even then they still make up a large majority of those connected on the server at times.

-support
+support, I think all government should have this restriction. When help is needed the player should at least have a familiar lay of the land. You don't get that if you are just starting.

It also helps cut back the minging fire trucks and defibs.
+support
(Sep 10, 2015, 02:06 PM)evilmat360 link Wrote:afaik the original 4 hour limit for cops was removed when the server was opened up to make it available for everyone because otherwise you'd just be able to happily do crime for the first 4 hours. Though I thought the original plan was to bring back the hour limits going by the updates tab in f1.

While I agree with the hours limit to allow people to learn the gamemode, it can take a few hundred hours to fully learn it from scratch. The only way to properly let people learn the gamemode is letting them do what they want. If they get it wrong, try and steer them on the right course or call staff when available. Sometimes a great role-player can be a low hour that has joined from another community, be it CityRP or another gamemode.

Most jobs in CityRP has a key role, merchants are the only way to get new items into the community, government save lives and keep the city in check. The only ones that don't have  a key role in controlling the flow are citizens, rebels and Corleone. Even then they still make up a large majority of those connected on the server at times.

-support

I agree, a lot of people have had experience outside L² and are not warm to the idea of restrictions. It will take a while for new people to get used to certain tools and the only way for them to learn is to experiment, if you think they are doing something wrong then help them grasp on to the reins.

[move]
[Image: 28v3m0l.png]
[/move]
-Support
(Sep 10, 2015, 05:36 PM)Lord Octagon link Wrote:I agree, a lot of people have had experience outside L² and are not warm to the idea of restrictions. It will take a while for new people to get used to certain tools and the only way for them to learn is to experiment, if you think they are doing something wrong then help them grasp on to the reins.

[move]
[Image: 28v3m0l.png]
[/move]
-Support

Now I agree with you for the most part there, however my concern is with those that simply don't care to learn.

As a fulltime firefighter it is a constant issue I have with a new player. I try and be a good host and RP them as a new recruit, but more often than not they ignore me, spawn a truck and take off crashing into everything, or pulling out the axe and swing it at me and every surface as they run down the street.

In my two years playing, I can count three, three 0 hour players actually interested in learning.

Having the hour restriction I believe allows players actually interested in the job to take it, once they learn the basic rules. In addition it decreases the amount of CDM, RDM and minging.

Think about it. 0 hour players now get free weapons, one of the largest vehicles on the server, the ability to arrest/rule, stun and handcuff. Without really getting into the basic rules of the world.
(Sep 10, 2015, 08:02 PM)SirWulf link Wrote:Now I agree with you for the most part there, however my concern is with those that simply don't care to learn.

As a fulltime firefighter it is a constant issue I have with a new player. I try and be a good host and RP them as a new recruit, but more often than not they ignore me, spawn a truck and take off crashing into everything, or pulling out the axe and swing it at me and every surface as they run down the street.

In my two years playing, I can count three, three 0 hour players actually interested in learning.

Having the hour restriction I believe allows players actually interested in the job to take it, once they learn the basic rules. In addition it decreases the amount of CDM, RDM and minging.

Think about it. 0 hour players now get free weapons, one of the largest vehicles on the server, the ability to arrest/rule, stun and handcuff. Without really getting into the basic rules of the world.

Yes but that is for those who are rule breaking. One can simply call an admin to the scene if they are breaking rules. Also we have a presidential position which has the demote ability.
Yes they can.  However all this can be avoided altogether with the hour requirement meaning less @ calls and less non-RP work for the Sergeant, President and Vice-President.

Just trying to help streamline the system.  Overall I feel something like a 4 hour requirement wouldn't be bad.  That is what I did getting started and it went by fast.
+ support for hours

Listen, I have barely an hour on the server, luckily I know what im already doing so theres no trouble. Problem is the new people that join with 0 hours for the first time, go as cop, can start tazing, shooting, spike stripping ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), arresting, and so on. I dont know the situation of admins being on the server of whether theres constantly one on or not but I can tell you from experience, someone who wants to minge can join and instantly start a massacre. 
+Support
+Support for justice
Pages: 1 2