Limelight Forums

Full Version: Fishing Overhaul (New Rods,Fish and More)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Suggestion: Ingame

Details:

I think at the moment Fishing is pretty straight foward and we do it for the benefits of food and money but not RP and Fun 
(yes ive seen some of you guys roleplaying)

First of all we need More Equipment A simple old wooden fishing rod is so outdated how about we get some higher Quality fishing rods  and have veriety some short some long maybe some stronger than others ( You will see what i mean by stronger when we get further into this) Maybe one with a automatic Reel in. Not everyone fishes with fishing rods but also nets and Fish Line; these could be cheaper alternatives to a fishing rod and catch different fish. The craziest idea of mine maybe a small fishing boat like the ones on Wicked Tuna and Deadliest Catch not something too fast or too slow just a little ship that can cruise the lake nothing larger than the RV  maybe something about the size of a transit

Referance:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_tLO5ziEfQg2fS4o4pe5...unwKDvxKhA]

New System: The Fishing system is too easy we need more of a challenge possible obstacles can be
-Broken Rod (the chance of it breaking is decreased the higher quality the rod is)
- Running out of Bait, a New Bait system should be added honestly fish arent that dumb i think bait should be added to make fishing not a 30 minute session of moving your mouse up and down.

-Broken Lines, Sometimes fish are strong enough to break your lines or even pull ur rod out of your hands

Fish:

We do have goldfish and normal fish but i think we should have a few other fish like popular fresh water fish like salmon,catfish,minnows(possibly used for bait),Tench and Etc

Crabs and Lobsters:

Special Equipment would be needed like Cages.

Crabs and Lobster can be a cheap alternative to fish  first of all their shells limit them to a small amount of meat lowering the food percentage for example lets take a normal fish with 50% hunger and lets have a crab with 15%-20%

Bait, Lines and Fishing rod System:

Some of you might be saying this sounds great and all but where are we gonna get the equipment?

Well possibly there could be an NPC similiar to Tyrone that spawns around the lake that you could sell fish and buy rods and other equipment. Maybe even he could set you quests and do favors for him like catch him 15 minnows and he will give you some money.

Why?: Well Fishing at the moment is too bland and it can be much more with some of the things i mentioned above it can open the door to multiple Amazing RPs

Tell me what you think!
The fishing system is being worked on: https://limelightgaming.net/index.php?topic=1144.0

But I like these ideas

[move]
[Image: sgk3r5.png]
[/move]
+Support
More fishing equipment will be added.
done yes