Limelight Forums

Full Version: Replace VCMod (ELS) with Photon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Suggestion for <in-game>

In detail, explain your suggestion: Whilst VCMod is a nice addition to the server, the Emergency Lighting component isn't up to par, when compared to Photon. Photon has better emergency lighting, is still in development, is easier to add cars for, has both regular and emergency lighting. It also has features such as takedown lighting.

https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1436368

Why should this be implemented? Reasons above. Has the most features of VCMod and is an improvement in many.
People said it lags and is not compatible with many current cars:

-If that's true: -Support

-If that's false: +Support
If it doesn't cause stability issues.

I love photon for the traffic advisors, takedown light and the ability to take off body groups such as light bars and the lights completely dissappearing in that bodygroup.
-Support
I like Photon, but it causes more lagg than VCMod.
This was discussed on FL  i believe many claimed it was laggy, idk myself

depending vote:

-If it lags over 50% -support

- If its totally fine and doesnt cause any trouble im fine with a new Light and Siren System  + support
[move]
[Image: 28v3m0l.png]
[/move]
-Support
(Aug 26, 2015, 10:28 AM)Markus link Wrote: [ -> ]People said it lags and is not compatible with many current cars:

^
(Aug 26, 2015, 10:28 AM)Markus link Wrote: [ -> ]People said it lags and is not compatible with many current cars:

Why photon? Photon generates a lot of LUA Scripts and VCMod has just the important .lua files it needs whilist the rest is by .txt

Its worth staying to VCMOD because blame garry.
(Sep 19, 2015, 04:47 PM)CounterCraftz link Wrote:Why photon? Photon generates a lot of LUA Scripts and VCMod has just the important .lua files it needs whilist the rest is by .txt

Its worth staying to VCMOD because blame garry.
Quote:Photon generates a lot of LUA Scripts
It has 1 .lua file per vehicle / vehicle type. This means you can have multiple light configurations per vehicle. Ie., I could have both a Police MB Sprinter, and a Ambulance MB Sprinter, using the same base model, but with different sets of lightbars.

However, call me stupid, but what's the real difference between parsing .txt files into another lua file, rather than directly loading the .lua file?

(Aug 26, 2015, 10:58 PM)Trident3553 link Wrote:-If it lags over 50% -support

What do you mean if it "lags more than 50%". Unless you mean that my FPS halves when using it?

(Aug 26, 2015, 10:55 PM)Nyoob link Wrote:-Support
I like Photon, but it causes more lagg than VCMod.

It shouldn't. They both use sprites and dynamic lights, and so should both lag the same amount.

(Aug 26, 2015, 10:28 AM)Markus link Wrote:People said it lags and is not compatible with many current cars:

Both REG and ELS components are compatible with all vehicles. It just depends on if the script is pre-written, and is a case of downloading from the workshop, or having to write your own. For example, I wrote a script for a UAZ 31519, with 4 lighting settings, illumination, 3 traffic advisor settings, and it only took me 4 hours. And this was a script from scratch, with no prior knowledge of how to make the vehicles. With such a competent development team, even if every vehicle had to be re-written, it wouldn't take too long.
+support
vcmod makes me want to die
seriously photon has fucking takedown lights, traffic advisors independent of the actual lightbar, as well as CHANGEABLE SIREN MODEL
Example of something that took me a few hours to make in photon.

[Image: d20fe9b4c11a00cd3c8f894f5f5355bd.gif]

Excuse low FPS. I'll record a full video and post it in a bit.

https://youtu.be/-7oP9zYDkqg
Just put the link in, but remember to take out the "&feature=youtu.be" iirc.
https://youtu.be/-7oP9zYDkqg

OT: +support
If your FPS takes a hit because of the dynamic lights you can just press Q/C and go to the Drawing options and untick Draw shadows.
Denied

Due to the possibility of creating more lag and also the lack of support, this suggestion has been denied.