Limelight Forums

Full Version: Allow Firefighters to Access Locked Vehicles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Suggestion for in-game

Allow the Firefighter to unlocked locked vehicles.

In detail, explain your suggestion:

I propose that the fireaxe could be used to unlock a vehicle door, or add a new tool like the jaws of life or simply the ability to use a lockpick.

Why should this be implemented?

Currently, only a few jobs allow vehicles with 0% damage to move.  The police officers and the firefighter.  The reason for the firefighter role was to allow them to move vehicles off the road after an accident.  However, most vehicles are currently locked.  As such, the firefighter cannot do this function unless someone unlocks the door for them.
+Support if a warrant is required to limit abuse.
(Aug 24, 2015, 04:40 PM)GRiiM link Wrote: [ -> ]+Support if a warrant is required to limit abuse.

[move]
[Image: sgk3r5.png]
[/move]
+Support
(Aug 24, 2015, 04:40 PM)GRiiM link Wrote: [ -> ]+Support if a warrant is required to limit abuse.
^
+Support
+Support

If it uses the fireaxe, maybe add something like
**Marshal Stomm breaks the window and clears away glass with the fireaxe, then reaches in and unlocks the door**
Also, if it only works on wrecked cars, warrants should not be needed.
I can agree with that.  If the vehicle is at 0% health, the firefighter can enter the vehicle to move it off the road.  If the car is above 0%, a warrant could be issued to get the vehicle off the road.

Something like that perhaps.

+Support
It certainly would come in handy.  Just today there was a locked vehicle that crashed earlier blocking the tunnel that I could only push out of the way.  Would have been nice to move it in a more traditional way.
+ Support
This would really be handy. Last night I had two vehicles collide in a tunnel and block the entire area. Both vehicles were locked. No police, swat or president was on and I had to prop push to get traffic moving.

Would much rather RP the scene than resorting to prop pushing or ramming with the fire engine.
I don't think firefighters wait for search warrants, but that's my two cents.
+Support
(Aug 25, 2015, 11:23 PM)Kyle Fraser link Wrote: [ -> ][quote author=GRiiM link=topic=1323.msg12483#msg12483 date=1440427214]
+Support if a warrant is required to limit abuse.

+Support
[/quote]

+Support
+support, also I don't think firefighters should wait for search warrants.
+Support.
Pages: 1 2