Limelight Forums

Full Version: CityRP Category Change & Growth Plans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey All,

Today we’re announcing a change to the CityRP servers which has been implemented and is now live.

Following input from the community, in order to help with growth and bringing back a steady server population, the servers now appear in the DarkRP category within the GMod client server browser. This should help increase visibility for potential new players, especially during scheduled meet-ups like the one this Friday at 7pm GMT which was announced via Discord and Steam yesterday.

We have implemented this update in a way that is flexible and easily changeable, so should the community feel in the future that the time is right to switch the category back to CityRP 2, we can do this with ease and no disruption.

With a combination of new players, a more consistent population and a more laid-back approach to administration, it would hopefully result in increased activity for pre-existing Limelight members and give the opportunity for us to show off our fantastic events and roleplays, and above all, have some fun. We have lots more exciting changes and updates on the way very soon which will help this goal!

If you have any queries or feedback, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Thank you for taking the time to read, hopefully this is my first announcement of many to come, and I can’t wait to see some of you on Friday!
As much I support this change, I feel like it could've been executed a lot better.

This is fairly big change, I feel it, at least, warrants an is discord so you get more than 15 people voting. The fact 10 people is enough to enact such a big change like this is slightly worrying.

So I have two questions:

Why was it pushed through so quickly?
Why do you consider 15 respondants to be sufficient?
(Mar 25, 2021, 07:43 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]Why was it pushed through so quickly?

10 is more than enough for a suggestion approval.
This was also discussed internally, at development, business and management levels.
This was also brought up during the team meetings.

And we could wait for weeks for every change.
However, to have a chance of recovering, we need radical change.
Waiting weeks for replies and input from people only marginally interested in LL is what got us into this situation, I'm not sure why you think it's the way out?
(Mar 25, 2021, 07:49 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 25, 2021, 07:43 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]Why was it pushed through so quickly?

This was also discussed internally, at development, business and management levels.
Fine, fair enough.

I agree.
Waiting weeks for replies and input from people only marginally interested in LL is what got us into this situation, I'm not sure why you think it's the way out?
I don't think it's the way out, I just feel you could've waited longer. A week isn't going to mean the difference between reviving the server and the death of Limelight. 3 days is hardly long enough to get sufficient responses.
Of the 10 people who replied to the post, just 4 are not members of the team.

How is that called "Following input from the community"?

A suggestion should've been posted first, not just a discussion-thread.
(Mar 25, 2021, 07:43 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]As much I support this change, I feel like it could've been executed a lot better.

This is fairly big change, I feel  it, at least, warrants an is discord so you get more than 15 people voting. The fact 10 people is enough to enact such a big change like this is slightly worrying.

So I have two questions:

It’s unfair to complain there are slow changes, then complain at the quick change. It was pushed through because we felt there was a good enough consensus on the matter. 15 respondents, combined with the last meeting, combined with internal discussions. That’s a good enough justification to me.
See above. We are not the same size that we used to be, and it’s fair to prioritise the input of those who still are actively involved. Considering the server is basically void of any players whatsoever now anyway, it’s not having any negative impact regardless. You can’t make an omelette without breaking some eggs, but in this case you can’t make an omelette if there aren’t any eggs.
(Mar 25, 2021, 07:53 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 25, 2021, 07:49 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]

Fine, fair enough.

I agree.
I don't think it's the way out, I just feel you could've waited longer. A week isn't going to mean the difference between reviving the server and the death of Limelight. 3 days is hardly long enough to get sufficient responses.

No, but a week would put it behind the play event, which is tomorrow.
(Mar 25, 2021, 07:57 PM)Nudelsalat im Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]Of the 10 people who replied to the post, just 4 are not members of the team.

How is that called "Following input from the community"?

A suggestion should've been posted first, not just a discussion-thread.

We also discussed this internally, a suggestion was not deemed necessary because the matter was already discussed in the community meeting. We decided to use community input instead as an additional input to that of what we already had received, and wanted to get the change in place before the meet-up on Friday.

Adding roadblocks in scenarios whereby we already see there’s a clear view from the community is pointless and slows down progress on getting things kickstarted again.
Come on guys..
Atleast something is going with LL, try to have a positive mind.
(Mar 26, 2021, 11:42 AM)Mr.Sir Wrote: [ -> ]Come on guys..
Atleast something is going with LL, try to have a positive mind.

facts, a lot of you complain whatever they do lmao
(Mar 25, 2021, 07:43 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]As much I support this change, I feel like it could've been executed a lot better.

This is fairly big change, I feel  it, at least, warrants an is discord so you get more than 15 people voting. The fact 10 people is enough to enact such a big change like this is slightly worrying.

So I have two questions:

This tho lol 

If you want to have a vote on something especially this big you need to actually have a vote
(Mar 26, 2021, 01:07 PM)Judge Rage Wrote: [ -> ]

So I have two questions:

This tho lol 

If you want to have a vote on something especially this big you need to actually have a vote

As previously discussed above; we didn’t want to have a vote as we didn’t feel the need. It’s really that simple. You can find the justification for this in mine and Doc’s replies should you need to.
(Mar 26, 2021, 01:07 PM)Judge Rage Wrote: [ -> ]

So I have two questions:

This tho lol 

Considering it took until 3 hours before the play event, which is at 7pm today, to get 4 people to reply to the announcement, which tags people, that would have pushed it past today's event, which we needed it in time for.

Everything else was answered above, in our replies to Faustin.

Cheers.
(Mar 26, 2021, 06:05 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 26, 2021, 01:07 PM)Judge Rage Wrote: [ -> ]

So I have two questions:

This tho lol 

Considering it took until 3 hours before the play event, which is at 7pm today, to get 4 people to reply to the announcement, which tags people, that would have pushed it past today's event, which we needed it in time for.

Everything else was answered above, in our replies to Faustin.

Cheers.

I mean if you're talking about the discord then I imagine most of us have that muted
I stand by my opinion, DarkRP poopi. Nudel is big correct but at this point whatever happens to LL happens to LL, I've no reason to care nor to get involved, i hope all the radical changes work out <3<3
Pages: 1 2