Limelight Forums

Full Version: CityRP Category Change & Growth Plans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I feel like this may attract the wrong people at first, but they'll probably adapt, just like I finally managed to adapt after my latest ban.

Feels good.
Just a note, I'm logging on to the server for the first time in way over 2 years, and it's taking me an age to download all the content needed. Bare in mind my internet speed is 300mb/s

This is something that you may wish to consider, as if I were a new player, i would probably quit prior to the downloads finishing..Presumably I have a much better internet speed than the majority of players would have too.
(Mar 26, 2021, 08:36 PM)Jono Wrote: [ -> ]Just a note, I'm logging on to the server for the first time in way over 2 years, and it's taking me an age to download all the content needed. Bare in mind my internet speed is 300mb/s

This is something that you may wish to consider, as if I were a new player, i would probably quit prior to the downloads finishing..Presumably I have a much better internet speed than the majority of players would have too.

Generally when joining a DarkRP server I'd find it takes around 10-15 minutes to download all the content, I tested a re-download of all LL content yesterday and it took about 5 mins ish. It's a good point though, I'll look into this.
(Mar 26, 2021, 08:00 PM)Judge Rage Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 26, 2021, 06:05 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 26, 2021, 01:07 PM)Judge Rage Wrote: [ -> ]This tho lol 

If you want to have a vote on something especially this big you need to actually have a vote

Considering it took until 3 hours before the play event, which is at 7pm today, to get 4 people to reply to the announcement, which tags people, that would have pushed it past today's event, which we needed it in time for.

Everything else was answered above, in our replies to Faustin.

Cheers.

I mean if you're talking about the discord then I imagine most of us have that muted

Pings bypass mutes unless you specifically supress pings.
I'm glad to see that things are taken more seriously again and that more drastic decisions are being made. This truly shows how Limelight and its administration have developed over the last few months and how the servers finally have started moving towards a brighter future. Just look at the current player count with 18 online players and counting. There was a long time ago we saw numbers even close to this.

People who are complaining about this decision and its lack of player input need to change their perspective on Limelight. This decision will put Limelight on the map again and in turn help Limelight to rebuild its playerbase. Some people are arguing that the DarkRP playerbase might be less serious in regards to roleplay but I don't see this as a problem. The increased playercount will assist in bringing back more known players to Limelight who still will possess the same experience. Experience that also can be transferred to the new players and that will help neutralize the DarkRP atmosphere that they might bring. Some of us certainly transferred from DarkRP to CityRP and adopted accordingly anyway.

Good job to everyone that has been involved!
Good job Team!
I can already see more people coming on and I can tell by my interactions with people yesterday
that things are brewing and it's good to see the veins of LL flowing with life again.

<3
(Mar 27, 2021, 10:01 PM)Jompe Wrote: [ -> ]I'm glad to see that things are taken more seriously again and that more drastic decisions are being made. This truly shows how Limelight and its administration have developed over the last few months and how the servers finally have started moving towards a brighter future. Just look at the current player count with 18 online players and counting. There was a long time ago we saw numbers even close to this.

People who are complaining about this decision and its lack of player input need to change their perspective on Limelight. This decision will put Limelight on the map again and in turn help Limelight to rebuild its playerbase. Some people are arguing that the DarkRP playerbase might be less serious in regards to roleplay but I don't see this as a problem. The increased playercount will assist in bringing back more known players to Limelight who still will possess the same experience. Experience that also can be transferred to the new players and that will help neutralize the DarkRP atmosphere that they might bring. Some of us certainly transferred from DarkRP to CityRP and adopted accordingly anyway.

Good job to everyone that has been involved!

Exactly! I know that myself and quite a few other “known” members of the community have been considering coming back but the lack of players discouraged us. Overall, I think this is the best move limelight could’ve done due to the circumstances. Although a forum post where the community could vote might’ve been good, they done what they thought was right. I don’t see why people are complaining about this. They are trying to revive the community and everytime they do something to help they always seem to get some sort of negative pushback from the same people who say they miss the “old days”. 

Good job guys! Myself and a few others will be hopping on after work.
(Mar 29, 2021, 02:42 PM)Lizard Wrote: [ -> ]Although a forum post where the community could vote might’ve been good, they done what they thought was right.

:-D
(Mar 29, 2021, 02:57 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 29, 2021, 02:42 PM)Lizard Wrote: [ -> ]Although a forum post where the community could vote might’ve been good, they done what they thought was right.

:-D

Apologies! Never seen it lol I’m quite active on the forums shame I missed it. I guess that leaves no room for ANY complaints then.
Ill come back on servers this week for test.
Pages: 1 2