Limelight Forums

Full Version: HR Update #1 [March]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, community.

I do not wish to make this a post oriented around what I plan to do or what I did, but rather just give you the basics of what as an HR team we will be focusing on and what is being done.

First of all, the elephant in the room. Staff Activity.

With the decline, the staff activity also came to a full stop and enforcement on activity was halted as it was deemed to be unfair as one can’t moderate an empty server. While it might be a valid point to some degree, looking back at it, it did not work but instead possibly hurt us.

We have worked out some fixes on this issue. With the implementation of Core Staff which separated the team within roles, we are now able to see the interest and set requirements accordingly. Going further into this, for example, a Core Staff member does not have to be a CityRP Administrator, they can choose to keep their initial role however doing so they will acknowledge that they will meet the requirements of the role. Below is an example breakdown of roles and their activity requirements.

• Core Staff requirements are them actively being involved with Core Staff duties including participating in discussions regarding Community-wide topics, assisting in maintaining Limelight at a certain standard and giving opinions, taking part in projects and actions to better Limelight.
  • CityRP Administration requirements are maintaining 20 hours of activity on the server, assisting and participating in decisions directly involving CityRP
  • CityRP Trial Moderation, Moderation and Senior Moderation requirements are maintaining 20 hours of activity on the server.

Basically, if a Core Staff member chooses to keep their CityRP Administration role they are expected to meet both Core Staff and CityRP Administration requirements.

However, this is not all.

For the past 4 weeks, we have been holding frequent internal meetings to get our initial plans in order, with the entire team working together these meetings have been productive. As we continue these meetings, we wish to also continue bi-monthly community meetings as we are working to be more transparent in how we work, what we plan to do and what we have done.

In the coming weeks as HR, we will work on internal contingencies to make sure when someone is not available that would be needed for a certain something that is urgent, things can move on. These are still under discussion as there needs to be a lot of detail thought out regarding these but we see this as a necessity to keep things running smoothly.

Alongside the above, during our weekly meetings topics of staff promotions have been brought up. Since Limelight’s inception and even before it, staff promotions were done with existing staff choosing people that they believe could be beneficial to the community however, with time this has been more difficult, especially now. To include more ambitious people within the staff team, we are considering opening an application process. While the details are still to be discussed, we believe this would be beneficial as it helps us see who is interested. While the application could act as a backlog to look at while we select staff it still provides us with a list of people that we can go to when needed. The details and specifics are not fully decided on, even the idea is not decided on yet as we are considering every aspect of it and however, in the following weeks we hope to give you more updates on it.

We’ve also made decisions internally to close the Community Input group and put more focus on general community feedback and improve on the systems in place for those, an example is the development team’s use of the feedback platforms. We plan to use the community input subforum further and work to include the entire community further.

Beyond these, everyone on the team is working to assist Limelight and hopefully get it back on the road. I wish to thank the entire team for participating in the weekly meetings and putting points forward that progress the discussion and assist in us going forward. I also wish to thank you, the community for sticking around and giving feedback when necessary, in the end, everything we do is for you, and we hope we can make progress that pleases you.

Thank you for reading!
so what's your plan to actually get players back on the server?
Unpopular opinion maybe but.. 

FiveM wouldn't be a bad outlet, with the player base.. it would be a good start.. and no I don't mean find another community to piggyback on. Self coded, from scratch non ESX server with minimal assets would be a saving grace. It would be a shame to hear the LimeLight name go down in history as a lost cause. Finding a developer would be hell in high water.. Gmod die hards would take a bit to get used to the change.. but so many of us have done it. I know the idea might be exhausted by now, but Gmod isn't going to last forever sadly, until the second release..
(Mar 16, 2021, 12:18 AM)26\ Wrote: [ -> ]Unpopular opinion maybe but.. 

FiveM wouldn't be a bad outlet, with the player base.. it would be a good start.. and no I don't mean find another community to piggyback on. Self coded, from scratch non ESX server with minimal assets would be a saving grace. It would be a shame to hear the LimeLight name go down in history as a lost cause. Finding a developer would be hell in high water.. Gmod die hards would take a bit to get used to the change.. but so many of us have done it. I know the idea might be exhausted by now, but Gmod isn't going to last forever sadly, until the second release..

In my opinion the only problem with FiveM is nepotism will run rampant through the whitelisted jobs.

Other than that I agree it’s probably the best thing to do.
(Mar 16, 2021, 12:01 AM)BasicallyMental Wrote: [ -> ]so what's your plan to actually get players back on the server?

The answer to this is perhaps tied to Internet's thread as well. While we wish to increase staff activity, create a team around hosting and watching roleplay and increase transparency with the community, we will also work on getting community feedback and change the game mode elements accordingly while also working to provide content updates. While we do not expect these to work instantly, we hope to make progress that at least makes it possible.

(Mar 16, 2021, 12:18 AM)26\ Wrote: [ -> ]Unpopular opinion maybe but.. 

Perhaps ‍ would be more qualified to answer this from a development and business standpoint
Yah, thanks .

The issue with that is twofold, the lack of dev resources we'd have to write something like that, and the lack of linux support (linux is still very much a second class citizen for fivem).

Number 1 would be exaserbated by not being able to use ESX, which iirc is the base for like 90% of non-vehicle addons and jobs and shit.

It'd be a cool idea, but we'd either need a team of people who've worked on FiveM before to come forward, or a lot more income to hire developers to work on code.

All of this combines with the crippling monetisation policy for FiveM.
It's a nice idea, and very cool, but I don't think it's feasable.
(Mar 16, 2021, 01:37 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]Yah, thanks .

The issue with that is twofold, the lack of dev resources we'd have to write something like that, and the lack of linux support (linux is still very much a second class citizen for fivem).

Number 1 would be exaserbated by not being able to use ESX, which iirc is the base for like 90% of non-vehicle addons and jobs and shit.

It'd be a cool idea, but we'd either need a team of people who've worked on FiveM before to come forward, or a lot more income to hire developers to work on code.

Linux works completely fine with FiveM. I run 56 slots with normally 10 in queue and no issues whatsoever. It used to be in like 2018 but has changed
(Mar 16, 2021, 02:01 PM)Zambie ^‿^ Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 16, 2021, 01:37 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]Yah, thanks .

Linux works completely fine with FiveM. I run 56 slots with normally 10 in queue and no issues whatsoever. It used to be in like 2018 but has changed

Quote:Note that the Linux version of FXServer is only provided as a courtesy port due to issues regarding Linux distribution compatibility and availability of diagnostic tools for native C++ code. If you’re experiencing any issues, you’re more likely to see them fixed if you use the Windows version.
src: https://docs.fivem.net/docs/server-manua...-a-server/
(Mar 16, 2021, 02:03 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]src: https://docs.fivem.net/docs/server-manua...-a-server/

Hm, may be with C++ as you can use multiple languages. 
I've never once had any issues with the Linux Distribution, and funnily enough my framework has been more stable on Linux than Windows.
(Mar 16, 2021, 01:12 PM)Bambo Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 16, 2021, 12:01 AM)BasicallyMental Wrote: [ -> ]so what's your plan to actually get players back on the server?

The answer to this is perhaps tied to Internet's thread as well. While we wish to increase staff activity, create a team around hosting and watching roleplay and increase transparency with the community, we will also work on getting community feedback and change the game mode elements accordingly while also working to provide content updates. While we do not expect these to work instantly, we hope to make progress that at least makes it possible.

Good to see there is a plan of action. When are we likely to see this start being put in place? I, among others, miss LL

The answer to this is perhaps tied to Internet's thread as well. While we wish to increase staff activity, create a team around hosting and watching roleplay and increase transparency with the community, we will also work on getting community feedback and change the game mode elements accordingly while also working to provide content updates. While we do not expect these to work instantly, we hope to make progress that at least makes it possible.

Look, I don't want to be a cunt. But I'm gonna be. All this is is just words. Less words. Less meetings. Less "we're going to do", more do. And better dos. 

HOWEVER

The community is not off the hook either. Play the fucking server if you want it back. (Looking at you, Judge Rage)
(Mar 16, 2021, 11:14 PM)Judge Rage Wrote: [ -> ]

The answer to this is perhaps tied to Internet's thread as well. While we wish to increase staff activity, create a team around hosting and watching roleplay and increase transparency with the community, we will also work on getting community feedback and change the game mode elements accordingly while also working to provide content updates. While we do not expect these to work instantly, we hope to make progress that at least makes it possible.

Look, I don't want to be a cunt. But I'm gonna be. All this is is just words. Less words. Less meetings. Less "we're going to do", more do. And better dos. 

HOWEVER

The community is not off the hook either. Play the fucking server if you want it back. (Looking at you, Judge Rage)

While it may seem pointless, the server died. There are multiple reasons for that.
If they are not addressed before there is an attempt to revive it, we are bound to repeat 2020.
(Mar 16, 2021, 11:14 PM)Judge Rage Wrote: [ -> ]

HOWEVER

That is the thing about increasing transparency, which we have been working on, you will hear a lot of "going to"s however, my post also has things we've done the last few weeks which have progressed us further than we are and it is only the beginning.  

We've taken steps to increase and solve staff activity. We've taken steps to get an event oriented team (which is in the permission development phase. Guidelines and everything has been sorted). And we have a lot more planned however, I would want to wait a bit more before giving information on that front so when I do, I can answer everything better.
Honestly, move on from Garry's Mod.

It's a slowly dying game that nobody takes seriously anymore. The term "Roleplay" for Gmod died years ago and it is just a meme fest now. If people truely want Roleplay then I would look straight towards FiveM. I currently play on a popular server that in its prime hours of the day hits around 220 players and provides top roleplay over PvP and 12 year olds.

I moved on from Garry's Mod mostly due to the age of the game. It got released back in 2006 and highly outdated now compared to a lot of other games out there. With the limits the engine brings it is not worth putting any more effort into it. The only other option I could see against FiveM would be S&box. To most uneducated folks its basically Garry's Mod 2 but 200x better. If the current devs are not comfortable with FiveM then I would 100% look into S&Box
Thank you Bambo, very cool
Pages: 1 2