Limelight Forums

Full Version: Our plans for 2021
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Greetings community, 

With the start of the team restructure we have been working on a couple of ideas to get us back on track. CityRP2 is our baby and although most of our development staff have projects and jobs that take priority, we wish to continue supporting it. The restructuring of the team for us was the beginning, of course, more needs to be done and we will be focusing on them and work to get things going.

In 2020 we changed our rules to accommodate roleplay freedom, we realised that rules restricted roleplay situations and character development and made adjustments to the rules to allow more unique roleplays and give players more ways of developing their characters. 

You can read about the rule changes here: https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-27928.html 

Also in 2020, we changed our tag system. This was done for a couple of reasons, such as being a more general gaming community and allowing community members to show their support much easier. 

You can read about the tag changes here: https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-28235.html 

Leading up to and with the start of 2021, Burnett, Temar and Doctor Internet worked on our infrastructure which you can read about here: https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-28305.html

What now? 

Updates:

We have been planning and working some game mode updates to release such as an improved version of our MESKA module alongside a cooking system, these will be released hopefully soon. We have also made plans to incorporate scripts deemed fitting to our game mode to lessen the weight on our developer's shoulders and ensure that CityRPv2 gets updates that would normally take months and months to prepare custom. This is an unfortunate change as it provides less unique content but something that should provide us with more gameplay mechanics. We will still work on custom updates, and will not solely rely on scripts. We will give more examples on what we plan to add soon.

Valentines Event

To start off on our new path, we will be hosting our annual Valentines Event, going live possibly with this thread. The Valentines event last year provided a balanced experience with Goigle's collectable system and we wish to continue annual events however I would like to emphasize, this is not the only thing we have been planning as mentioned above.  Due to the system made by Goigle working beautifully, our event will continue as is like the one last year, which you can read about here: https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-27025.html

Events & Mini-Events

Updates alone are not enough, that is why we plan to increase the number of mini-events done and take a look at how we can improve our team hosted events to give players more chances to roleplay. These events will start alongside our first update release, at the same time to ensure that the updates are not the only thing to do on the server. We will also be looking into update themed events when possible, such as a cook-off with the cooking update once players have gotten the chance to get used to the updates. 

We will continue to work on Limelight, and we are always listening to you and reading your posts. We will try to keep you in the loop and inform you more regarding our plans. 

Thank you for reading. I hope I have answered your questions if you have any more questions feel free to post below!
very good yes
Mmmm pog
poggers in the chat?
LL revival 2k21
Let's hope this will work out nicely. I'll be there surely.
hmmmmm, i feel this is too little too late. this should've been done when we were all still active, searching for something from you lot to keep us here

none the less I want to be proven wrong so lets see it actually happen
SeriousRP night go beep boop?

I've spoken to ‍ and he said he'd be more than happy to come back as hr
when are you announcing that im coming up into HR or did i just break the NDA
This is quite epic
(Feb 19, 2021, 12:06 PM)Saint Welker Wrote: [ -> ]This is quite epic

Welker is the hero we need, but not the one we deserve Sad
(Feb 19, 2021, 04:50 PM)Judge Rage Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 19, 2021, 12:06 PM)Saint Welker Wrote: [ -> ]This is quite epic

Welker is the hero we need, but not the one we deserve Sad

agreed
Poggers