Limelight Forums

Full Version: Our plans for 2021
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(Feb 21, 2021, 07:28 PM)Dutch Wrote: [ -> ]I just wanna be able to RDM again..... :(
You know what ? I was recording this and i am going to write a PR  soon , Enjoy ur ban kid.

btw can we  base at Apartments and kill cops from behind again ? :(
An update:

We've held our first team-wide meeting this weekend to talk about our plans with the whole team. We've addressed some issues and discussed how we can change things on that front to resolve them. 
The discussions were about what we can do regarding updates, how to be more transparent and how to get life back into the server.

For updates, the development team has looked at several scripts that are good quality and that would fit our game mode and we will be taking a look into those as mentioned in the original post.

To bring more life into the server we are considering shifting the teacher team towards a more event-oriented team.

We are working to reanalyze our internal workings to better on that front, the core team was only a step. We will be looking into frequent team-wide meetings and community meetings.

We will be able to give you an update #2 after our next week's meeting and until then, we will work on and think about the issues and their fixes that were brought up during this weekend's meeting.

If you have concerns or suggestions for things that we should discuss in our next meeting, please let us know by commenting below or messaging us.

Important Notice: While we are working to get this beautiful train going again we do need more developers and contributors. You can apply via https://limelightgaming.net/forums/forum-479.html

We want to thank you for your continued support and interest.
(Feb 22, 2021, 01:38 AM)Bambo Wrote: [ -> ]To bring more life into the server we are considering shifting the teacher team towards a more event-oriented team.

Was this not always what the teachers' jobs were? 

Overall good points, but all I want to add is what I have said time and time again to others - the community needs fresh blood. How we achieve that is the problem. I can't be the only one that's getting too busy (uni and other things - ADS know me turning up 2 hours into an operation) to play games anymore.
(Feb 22, 2021, 06:28 AM)Judge Rage Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 22, 2021, 01:38 AM)Bambo Wrote: [ -> ]To bring more life into the server we are considering shifting the teacher team towards a more event-oriented team.

Overall good points, but all I want to add is what I have said time and time again to others - the community needs fresh blood. How we achieve that is the problem. I can't be the only one that's getting too busy (uni and other things - ADS know me turning up 2 hours into an operation) to play games anymore.
What we discussed on the last meeting and steps we are taking now is believed to bring in fresh new people if everything works out as it's intended to.

It's been part of not just teachers but staff as well to make events for the community, but to make this a far more frequent occurrence we are looking at removing the teacher team and replacing it with an event team, which will have certain commands on both the live and event server. This is subject to change with more information to follow after some discussions are drawn to a close over the next couple of weeks.

As for fresh blood, we're looking into this and are trying to not only do this by creating more user-friendly resources explaining the game mode but also attempting to bring back older players even if it's for 30 minutes. It's being discussed at the moment as well, but it's looking like we will go back to big updates like C&C. Other information will be released on Monday, as and when relevant discussions are closed.

Again please keep in mind, all of this is still in the discussion stages and is subject to change because of this. Some discussions will open up others which may delay the release of what we want to tell you.
(Feb 22, 2021, 01:09 PM)Stell90 Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 22, 2021, 01:38 AM)Bambo Wrote: [ -> ]-snip-

-snip-

It's been part of not just teachers but staff as well to make events for the community, but to make this a far more frequent occurrence we are looking at removing the teacher team and replacing it with an event team, which will have certain commands on both the live and event server. This is subject to change with more information to follow after some discussions are drawn to a close over the next couple of weeks.

As for fresh blood, we're looking into this and are trying to not only do this by creating more user-friendly resources explaining the game mode but also attempting to bring back older players even if it's for 30 minutes. It's being discussed at the moment as well, but it's looking like we will go back to big updates like C&C. Other information will be released on Monday, as and when relevant discussions are closed.

Again please keep in mind, all of this is still in the discussion stages and is subject to change because of this. Some discussions will open up others which may delay the release of what we want to tell you.

You love to hear it
I would gladly assist LL in it's future endeavours.
(Feb 23, 2021, 12:43 AM)Doodleh Wrote: [ -> ]I would gladly assist LL in it's future endeavours.

Holy shit, he's back
ah very good.
ah very good.
Pages: 1 2