Limelight Forums

Full Version: Ban Archive & Map Rotation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: announcement.png]

Hello community,

I have two announcements to make today,

First and the most important one out of the two is probably the Ban Archive.

Our rules have changed a lot since 2 years ago, and as staff we realised that we didn't take bans older than 2 years into account while deciding on current situations.

We've decided to archive bans that have expired and are older than 2 years. Basically what this means is your bans that are old, like reaaally old will not be visible anymore. They are archived and in a way sealed.

Second announcement is the map rotation,

We decided that this will spice things up and keep it fluid. 

Our in-game community input panel will handle the map rotation vote.

When it comes to the time limit, here's how it'll go. 
For example for the vote that started today, we'll keep the vote going till the 20th of next month. We'll then have time to prepare for the outcome which will be done as soon as the vote ends.

Our current rotation options are:

V4B1, Evocity V2D, Rockford,  Evocity v33x  and Southside

TL;DR

Bans older than 2 years are archived

Map rotation is a go, you can vote via the in-game community input section.

Thank you for reading <3
y no community vote on map rotation?

Y'all been told multiple times before it fucking kills communities

Ban archive sounds neat tho, not entirely sure how I feel about it but hey my 2016 ban is going away <3
(Aug 26, 2020, 06:00 PM)Judge Rage Wrote: [ -> ]y no community vote on map rotation?

Ban archive sounds neat tho, not entirely sure how I feel about it but hey my 2016 ban is going away <3

With the "Bans-Archive" the pages of the bans service were reduced from 179 to 47.
You can search your name and won't find any bans older than 2 years of expiry (except for perma).

https://limelightgaming.net/services/bans/index.php
(Aug 26, 2020, 06:04 PM)Mr.Sir Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 26, 2020, 06:00 PM)Judge Rage Wrote: [ -> ]y no community vote on map rotation?

Ye that's not what I said tho - perhaps I need more information? Maybe we're formalising this new map every 6 months thing? Who knows

Also dear god that text colour
While this doesn't really change anything, it's something. Anything, at this time, is a step in the right direction. Good work and thank you to the devs for the time you all put into this.
(Aug 26, 2020, 06:59 PM)Theo Wrote: [ -> ]Good work and thank you to the devs for the time you all put into this.

I might have come across bitchy, but this sentiment holds true. May not agree with everything but cheers for doing something lads
i vote do the same for blacklists

but ggs, map rotation very good
yes i can apply for teeechur now
(Aug 26, 2020, 11:34 PM)pufitee Wrote: [ -> ]yes i can apply for teeechur now

hi its me from the future, its still a no.
Fuck yeah, now I can RDM at least 10 more times before I get permed again!
'' TL;DRBans older than 2 years are archived ''

Bruh my bans will stay :(
NOOOOO!!!! Fuck!

MY BANS WHERE MY PRIZED POSSESSIONS!!!!
However much you milk the server it will never come back to life
2 late imo
Pages: 1 2