Limelight Forums

Full Version: /backup changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hwat: Add modifiers to the /backup to change the message sent. /backup would remain unchanged, but /backup 1 (and 2 and so on) would send an urgent message asking for the specified number of units to assist.

Why: Right now, using /backup sends out an urgent message requesting all units to the location. While this is useful in situations where things can quickly get out of hand, like with a crowd angry about someone being arrested, it's not always whats needed, and can pull people from other situations. So what I would like is to modify the /backup so that if someone were to add a number after the /backup (/backup 1) it sends a message requesting one more unit, instead of all units. It would still be an urgent message, as assistance is needed, but not from everyone.
Neutral. 

It’s a good idea however, I get by perfectly fine with saying “can I get <however many> addition(als) to <locations>”. I will change my answer to +support or 
-support when I find myself in a scenario that your suggestion can be used, and then decide if it would benefit me.
+support

When you're in immediate danger and dont want to alert anyone by pressing panic this command is perfect. Sometimes you dont have the time to type out an entire message so /backup X would be perfect, overall this is a great suggestion.
(Jun 20, 2020, 11:11 PM)Maveric Wrote: [ -> ]+support

When you're in immediate danger and dont want to alert anyone by pressing panic this command is perfect. Sometimes you dont have the time to type out an entire message so /backup X would be perfect, overall this is a great suggestion.
+support

/backup and /panic do practically the same thing right now.
Pushing for Staff Review.

#type:[review]
+support
Approved.
Added in Revison 9ff9c19.