Limelight Forums

Full Version: LL is dying cos of the shit community
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
yp thats 100% right
Make PRs only viewable by staff, the poster and the defendant. This would solve a small part of the toxicity
Here is a solution, unban everyone, remove bs rules, take PR's off the forum, and get your heads out your asses.
Unban everyone.. what a stupid suggestion. What's that going to solve exactly? Let's bring back all of the permed players who're banned for ToS violations! 

The majority of the BS rules have been removed.

There's no benefit to PRs being removed from the public eye apart from people seeing how blatantly bad some people are at following rules. PRs are also going to become far less regular due to the fact that the new rules are much less restricting on roleplay.

The issue with this community is everyone expects everything here and now, *news flash* that's not how the world works. Shit takes time to change, like the whole rules change that recently happened. Also, giving non-constructive criticism to staff such as "get your head out of your ass" really helps them identify and fix the issue, so glad you gave them so much information in helping them better the community. If you could not tell, that was sarcastic. Feedback given needs to be constructive if you actually want it acted upon, so maybe start with that before we start asking for other major changes.
LL is drama
The community just feels, off.

Definitely not the same community feel I felt when I first joined and moderated on
(Jun 21, 2020, 09:33 PM)26\ Wrote: [ -> ]I see nothing will change, shame. I truly hope LL can eventually find a good ground, but there will never progress unless community direction is clear and everyone is on the same page.. yeah good luck. The [L²] tag can change people's attitude towards you, it's crazy how it's still a "us VS them". 

Best wishes, 

I am honestly a little reluctant to comment on this particular threat as I got to agree with roach: we are a bit drama by now.

But i think a large part of that is perception:
Its not "us vs them". Sure LL grew on me and i have enjoy beeing staff - that doesnt mean ill start wearing a giant badge talking down to everyone. Unless someone is really going nuts we rarely have a need to be distant to other players (that need only deriving occasionaly based on circumstances and necessities that come with the job: eg. i wont be able to to disclose some of the evidence i may pull during a sit to avoid exploits and such though that doesnt mean i cant explain it though.
There may have been staff members that take a it too much pride in it or that may hav grown a little distance but most active members are fairly down to earth. It would be quite an obstruction if we wouldnt.

We seem to be quick to jump at each others throats a little. Half of the replys here are along the line of "i got banned for this so LL sucks" "someone reported me for that so u guys suck" "there is no content" "staffisstupid"

I can understand that it is frustrating to see a community you enjoy struggle like we do right now. Many of us have invested heavily in this community may it be time, money, sweat or tears. Trust that feeling is mutual. And with frustration there is allways a need to find an explanation.
The problem is that there is no singular explanation to it even though that would be tempting.

There are several things that can be done and there are several things that we may just have to adapt to. Do yourselfs the favor though to keep that in mind:

As frustrating as a singular issue may be there is not the ONE problem nor the ONE solution. We are all interested in the same thing: the wellbeeing and recovery of our community. And im fairly confident that we can care for that.

So keeping in mind that we all want the same thing, and there is a mutlitude of problems and thus a multitude of solutions we shouldnt fight each other over what singular incident has turned our own subjective experience sour but instead focus on what we could imrpove and how we can prevent other peoples experience from turning sour too.

Moaning about a single PR, Ban or penlaty may help an individual to vent but its not achieving anything.
Complaining about toxicity is raising awareness to an issue that seems to be quite well known by now and that frankly doesnt seem to interest those that engage in it the most anyway.

I know this whole statement is a bit vague and i gotta admit with corona stuff going on in the background (mainly organisational bs irl) i am currently not as active as id wish to be either. But i thought it may be helpfull to try to reflect on the situation a little.
(Jun 24, 2020, 04:38 PM)MrMarsh Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 21, 2020, 09:33 PM)26\ Wrote: [ -> ]I see nothing will change, shame. I truly hope LL can eventually find a good ground, but there will never progress unless community direction is clear and everyone is on the same page.. yeah good luck. The [L²] tag can change people's attitude towards you, it's crazy how it's still a "us VS them". 

Best wishes, 

We are all interested in the same thing: the wellbeeing and recovery of our community. And im fairly confident that we can care for that.

I haven't seen a more inaccurate statement on this thread.
[Image: 24af4db0a74c194c431e8a42ef3fdf21.png]

[Image: 01fde25cdb5692daa229d165cdda5d5b.png]

Server population has now flatlined.

F
(Jun 24, 2020, 06:05 PM)Theo Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 24af4db0a74c194c431e8a42ef3fdf21.png]

[Image: 01fde25cdb5692daa229d165cdda5d5b.png]

Server population has now flatlined.

F

The server population is flatter than the Netherlands smh.
(Jun 24, 2020, 06:02 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 24, 2020, 04:38 PM)MrMarsh Wrote: [ -> ]

Best wishes, 

We are all interested in the same thing: the wellbeeing and recovery of our community. And im fairly confident that we can care for that.

I haven't seen a more inaccurate statement on this thread.

Well there are a few around that seem to prefer the drama sure - but most of us take their time and the heat because they want to change sth. in the longrun.
(Jun 18, 2020, 06:29 AM)Nev Wrote: [ -> ]

New players aren't joining Limelight because of new content. New content has no impact on whether or not new players join, because new players aren't on our forums staying up-to-date with that sort of business. New players only join by seeing our server either looking for popular servers via gametracker or the server browser. 

If we can improve our standing, which one of my suggestions aims to do, we can bring visibility to an all-time high. Once our visibility is up, let's get people to start playing again. With the combination of high-visibility and a populated server, the amount of unique players that will join our server will be enormous.

You didn't quite get what I meant by that. With "New players only join" I meant joining the community, not the server, if you get what I mean. And by joining the community I mean staying here, joining the Discord, talking to other members of the community etc, and this, in my opinion, is something that only happens when the server is good and up to date enough regarding content which makes it stand out from other servers.
(Jun 25, 2020, 01:28 PM)kellekerell Wrote: [ -> ]

New players aren't joining Limelight because of new content. New content has no impact on whether or not new players join, because new players aren't on our forums staying up-to-date with that sort of business. New players only join by seeing our server either looking for popular servers via gametracker or the server browser. 

If we can improve our standing, which one of my suggestions aims to do, we can bring visibility to an all-time high. Once our visibility is up, let's get people to start playing again. With the combination of high-visibility and a populated server, the amount of unique players that will join our server will be enormous.

You didn't quite get what I meant by that. With "New players only join" I meant joining the community, not the server, if you get what I mean. And by joining the community I mean staying here, joining the Discord, talking to other members of the community etc, and this, in my opinion, is something that only happens when the server is good and up to date enough regarding content which makes it stand out from other servers.

That's because the community doesn't engage them.

New players should be creating a username/password on first login to the server that creates their forum account. 

Part of the problem also is that their isn't enough information being given to them (in plain sight) as to what the benefits are to the forums. 

Make an achievement for people that join the forums, $10,000 (?)
(Jun 25, 2020, 05:25 PM)Nev Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 25, 2020, 01:28 PM)kellekerell Wrote: [ -> ]

That's because the community doesn't engage them.

New players should be creating a username/password on first login to the server that creates their forum account. 

Part of the problem also is that their isn't enough information being given to them (in plain sight) as to what the benefits are to the forums. 

Make an achievement for people that join the forums, $10,000 (?)

A lot of people get put off from a server for requiring to sign up to a forum, especially if you make them create one upon joining the server. I like the achievement idea however.
(Jun 2, 2020, 02:07 PM)Dick Wrote: [ -> ]
  • People literally hunt to yeet people off the server via Player Reports.

I was saying this four years ago... Wowcha.

If there's 15 people on, I won't connect and that's clearly the case for a lot of people. Nobody wants to RP with themselves and a plant pot.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5