Limelight Forums

Full Version: Abortion (Serious Discussion)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Quite clearly if you're on the pill and using a condom you don't want a child. If you're apparently trying everything to stop her from having a child, why would you then want it to grow out of a foetus? You don't just suddenly go "ehhh maybe we will keep this baby" after doing everything under the sun to not have one.

Also, maybe if she had used a legitimate method of abortion it'd be much less of an issue than using the very popular and widely used "down a bottle of rum" method.

Logic 100
Plants and Animals are organisms. We maim and eat them, as part of the food chain.
Fetuses are growing cells eventually becoming a child after birth. Even after birth, parents make a lot of decisions because they don't have the appropriate cognitive capacity at such and early age, and maybe can't even speak until older. So yes they do have rights, but until they can maturely make decisions for their lives with the judgement and knowledge, decisions are devolved to the Parents. In the womb they cannot think or are even sentient, they're brains are even still developing into cells in early stages.

It's a woman's right, along with medical advice and supervision as i've said in the other post. It is a medical procedure among the mother, father (to some extent as i've said in the other post) and the Doctor. It's medical, not a criminal issue.
(May 16, 2020, 08:50 PM)Jeff Ford Wrote: [ -> ]Plants and Animals are organisms. We maim and eat them, as part of the food chain.
Fetuses are growing cells eventually becoming a child after birth. Even after birth, parents make a lot of decisions because they don't have the appropriate cognitive capacity to make their own decisions and must be taught late adolescence/adulthood. In the womb they cannot think or are even sentient, they're brains are even still developing into cells in early stages.

It's a woman's right, along with medical advice and supervision as i've said in the other post. It is a medical procedure among the woman, father (to some extent as i've said in the other post) and the Doctor. It's medical, not a criminal issue.

Abortion for "medical", rape and incest reasons account for less than 1% of total performed abortions. Sentience is not a valid reason for personhood because born animals have sentience and they aren't afforded human rights.

Human rights come from what we all as human beings have in common - our human nature.
(May 16, 2020, 08:55 PM)Lord Octagon Wrote: [ -> ]Abortion for "medical", rape and incest reasons account for less than 1% of total performed abortions. Sentience is not a valid reason for personhood because born animals have sentience and they aren't afforded human rights.

Human rights come from what we all as human beings have in common - our human nature.

That's basically the point. Even animals are sentient but embryos and fetuses are not.
They don't have human nature as a huge part of human nature is our sentience. That's arguably one of the deciding factors of human nature: the fact we're sentient. They can't have human nature because they can't even think.
(May 16, 2020, 08:59 PM)goigle Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 16, 2020, 08:55 PM)Lord Octagon Wrote: [ -> ]Abortion for "medical", rape and incest reasons account for less than 1% of total performed abortions. Sentience is not a valid reason for personhood because born animals have sentience and they aren't afforded human rights.

That's basically the point. Even animals are sentient but embryos and fetuses are not.
They don't have human nature as a huge part of human nature is our sentience. That's arguably one of the deciding factors of human nature: the fact we're sentient. They can't have human nature because they can't even think.

No. Our human nature is the fact that we are human organisms. And a foetus is a human organism. It's not a tissue. It's in an early stage of development, and whether a human is inside or outside the womb that does not change their personhood. One does not magically gain personhood because they can exclaim "cogito, ergo sum" - you are either a person when your life begins or you aren't. And it's scientific consensus that life begins at conception (see earlier for examples of medical texts), so unless you wish to counter that.
Anyone ever wonder why we don't get more female players? Yeah. I just gave my phone to my fiancée to read this and she said "It's fucking stupid they're talking about it to be honest, it's up to the woman what she wants to do".
Honestly I really don't understand this debate, if this issue isn't directly affecting you than why do you have a problem with it so much? Personally, I do not believe that it is murder and that if it were to be illegal then abortions would still be performed but in a much more dangerous environment. I really don't see how this is a topic that can be discussed in a community that is mainly made up of men, you literally don't even have a uterus. 
Why are you trying to argue your view further when you have already made it clear on what your views are? 
You are not going to change anyone else's views on this matter so there is literally no point in making threads on this, just accept other's opinions respectfully - as I respect yours - and move on.
(May 16, 2020, 09:41 PM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone ever wonder why we don't get more female players? Yeah. I just gave my phone to my fiancée to read this and she said "It's fucking stupid they're talking about it to be honest, it's up to the woman what she wants to do".

It's up to a woman what she wants to do with a kid she only did half of the work to create?
(May 16, 2020, 10:42 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 16, 2020, 09:41 PM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone ever wonder why we don't get more female players? Yeah. I just gave my phone to my fiancée to read this and she said "It's fucking stupid they're talking about it to be honest, it's up to the woman what she wants to do".

It's up to a woman what she wants to do with a kid she only did half of the work to create?

You think that sticking a dick in and cumming is EQUIVALENT in "work" to carrying a baby for 9 months and childbirth? 

I actually have no words. Please stop posting, you are single-handedly lowering the IQ of this community by a large number.

It's more than creation, she has to carry it around for 9 months. We can be on the piss, she can't. She can't sleep in certain positions because it will kill the baby oh and then give birth to the baby whilst we just sit and watch doing fuck all.

There's more to it than just creation.
(May 16, 2020, 10:56 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]

You think that sticking a dick in and cumming is EQUIVALENT in "work" to carrying a baby for 9 months and childbirth? 

I actually have no words. Please stop posting, you are single-handedly lowering the IQ of this community by a large number.

You think that a woman has the right to kill someone else's child?

can you give sources to all your arguments please? Thanks

Just curious to see all the statistics and such you find.

You also want a serious discussion but you are going at people and simply insulting them for saying their view.
(May 16, 2020, 10:59 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 16, 2020, 10:42 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]It's up to a woman what she wants to do with a kid she only did half of the work to create?

But, if others like yourself state that they're using two forms of protection, clearly you don't want a kid. Clearly the timing is not right. So why is it "murder" when its obviously not wanted / planned and it's not even a child yet?

It's not just the womans choice / vote in this matter. It's also the partner to that person's choice too. Personally, never experienced it. But an abortion isn't taken lightly by ANY woman OR man out there unless you're a degenerate fuck who's on their 7th abortion because they're boyfriend / husband can't be assed to slip a condom on because "it doesn't feel nice during sex".
(May 16, 2020, 10:59 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 16, 2020, 10:42 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]It's up to a woman what she wants to do with a kid she only did half of the work to create?

Yes

If the woman doesn't want the baby, yes. It's her choice, her body, the man doesn't do the 9 months work of carrying it, making sure it gets all the right nutrients while in the womb, make sure she doesn't put anything in her body that can harm the baby, going through birth, possibly experience postpartum depression.

If two consenting adults want to have a baby, go for it, enjoy raising children and see them grow to be amazing people, but if the wife, or victim doesn't want the baby due to many things, it's her choice and it's also HER baby.
People wanting this thread to exist:
[Image: aB9Naq5.png]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5