Limelight Forums

Full Version: Changes to Membership
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: limelightannouncement.png]

Hello community,

You may have noticed our Membership page is suddenly looking much fancier, but there are a few other slight changes to the Membership system that we would like to go over in this post.
From now on, Membership status is acquired in increments of 1 month rather than 3, with the price adjusted to £2/month. You can still pay for multiple months in advance, and there is a new optional subscription service for your convenience.

Alongside this, there is one Membership feature change – active Members will benefit from a flat % bonus to their inventory space instead of receiving more pockets. I'm also excited to mention that there are plans in the works for further changes including the addition of nice new features to Membership in the near future.

Thank you for your continued support!
Very nice! Glad to see we are working on new features to keep players interested.
So basically we pay more for the same stuff?
(Mar 31, 2020, 09:29 PM)Brin. Wrote: [ -> ]So basically we pay more for the same stuff?

Looks like that and you'll get less ingame money
(Mar 31, 2020, 09:29 PM)Brin. Wrote: [ -> ]So basically we pay more for the same stuff?

^^^^

A nice way of sugarcoating it.

No, +40 prop limit is new.
So I'm being charged more.. for nothing really...?

????????

edit:

Explaining myself here - I don't like how you have come out and tried to present upping the costs as a completely new thing, when evidently it's not. I would have appreciated it much more if you guys came out and explained that you have to raise the costs and why, but also you'll allow us to pay monthly.

Come on guys, we're better and more transparent than this marketing bullshit.
(Mar 31, 2020, 10:51 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]

No, +40 prop limit is new.

Is this in the original post? Nope!

EDIT: I think the post should be re-done. You should explain as to why we are having to pay more. You should explain the full benefits of donating to the server. You have increased the price but not said why. It is a small increase but for most the player base which is under 18, at a guess, they have no income and spend their 'pocket money' on the server.
Yes the prices have gone up slightly along with the new options we have worked on
we plan to bring more stuff and continue to develop the server as always
however this all costs money and that's something we don't get as much of any more, this information is public as you can always see how much we get
costs go up same as everything else in life including what people earn, we havn't increased our price since we started 5 years ago.
over last 4 months we have cut back alot on development due to lack of funds
our prices are still really low 

when looking at the money we get, keep in mind we pay paypal fees, over £100 for server costs, other services.
which doesn't leave much for paying developers and that's something we pride our self on, we pay our developer for the work they do for us.
some may think I keep your money but I don't, I get £0 unless I earn it like every other developer
[Image: yqkCa6F.png]
F

In the grand scheme of things, it's only an extra pound which I'm sure will be used entirely to develop the game mode and release new aspects of the game. Considering some other membership options in other communities (not just roleplay) this is still quite considerably cheap in comparison. 

And in all fairness members that have volunteered to community input (which pretty much everyone can do) were able to discuss this and share some ideas to be as fair as possible.
I feel like we're making a big deal out of £1 extra. As long as this is kept transparent, and we know that the money is going towards development then I don't see any problems. Looks like a nice change, I feel like it's much better to have a 1 month membership option rather than 3.
(Apr 1, 2020, 08:40 AM)Aryen Wrote: [ -> ]I feel like we're making a big deal out of £1 extra. As long as this is kept transparent, and we know that the money is going towards development then I don't see any problems. Looks like a nice change, I feel like it's much better to have a 1 month membership option rather than 3.

Only £1? Excuse me, that's $1.23. This is simply a step too far.
Its only natural that prices has to go up with the years.
And as LL is a registered business everything costs money.
Server costs, maintaince, staff, Developers.
At the end there isnt much left of that 500£ that LL brought in this past month.

I'm sure the small rise of price was necessary and not even sure why people are complaining about that small increase..
(Apr 1, 2020, 09:58 AM)Mr.Sir Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure the small rise of price was necessary and not even sure why people are complaining about that small increase..

Cause most members are young, don't have a job that pays big money and have to ask if they can buy a membership to there parents.

tbh I really don't care I'll still give my money like a mindless slave.

Just take my money ok?!?!?!?
Pages: 1 2