Limelight Forums

Full Version: Why are inactive teachers still in the Teacher team?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I only see a few on. I never see 'Stomm' or 'Auston' would you remove these if you were higher up?

I would.

EDIT: Who would you replace them with?
I have seen them both on, There teachers, they are not required to be on as often as Staff.

Also,i think its a little unfair to call them out.
(Feb 24, 2020, 09:24 PM)Tom* Wrote: [ -> ]I have seen them both on, There teachers, they are not required to be on as often as Staff.

Also,i think its a little unfair to call them out.

I have seen them both on also. But not frequently enough to be called 'Helpers/Teachers.' Plenty of people who have the knowledge and are active who could take up the role.

Well, I understand what you say about calling them out. I am not saying anything bad about them, its more about the role they have which is wasted on them(my own opinion)
If you have a concern or question about a teacher's activity, you can message me or .

I've seen Stomm on the other day.

Calling them out in an aggressive manner such as yours serves no purpose other than targeting them.

They are teachers, yet activity would be nice but them being inactive does not hurt you or the server and they are not stopping from anyone else joining the team if that's what you are thinking.

I get the sense that you want the role or you want people to mention you because usually calling someone out in this manner is done to gain something.

This is not a good attitude, not for the community.

You could say teacher activity, but name calling is low.
(Feb 24, 2020, 09:33 PM)Bambo Wrote: [ -> ]If you have a concern or question about a teacher's activity, you can message me or .

Calling them out in an aggressive manner such as yours serves no purpose other than targeting them.

They are teachers, yet activity would be nice but them being inactive does not hurt you or the server and they are not stopping from anyone else joining the team if that's what you are thinking.

I get the sense that you want the role or you want people to mention you because usually calling someone out in this manner is done to gain something.

This is a discussion thread aimed to get other peoples views and thoughts on this. The thread name is eye catching and will attract attention. I don't want the role but there are people who are actually active and have the knowledge to be a teacher. I haven't called anyone a name, if you think I have please quote it. Wanting an active teacher is bad for the community? People who play can actually take up the role instead of people who spend less that 10 hours a month on the server.
(Feb 24, 2020, 09:33 PM)Bambo Wrote: [ -> ]If you have a concern or question about a teacher's activity, you can message me or .

Totally agree with Bambo here.

Teachers are well involved in a lot of commenting, voting and input discussions which is predominantly internal. Their position does not hinder anyone elses chances of being in the teacher team, it increases opinions and collaboration. Slightly unnecessary to call out names and create this discussion, but as said to contact ‍ or I. 

Thanks.
(Feb 24, 2020, 09:38 PM)Brin. Wrote: [ -> ]

This is a discussion thread aimed to get other peoples views and thoughts on this. The thread name is eye catching and will attract attention. I don't want the role but there are people who are actually active and have the knowledge to be a teacher. I haven't called anyone a name, if you think I have please quote it. Wanting an active teacher is bad for the community? People who play can actually take up the role instead of people who spend less that 10 hours a month on the server.

I didn't realize we had a hard cap of teachers.

Shocker. We don't.

You called their names out.

Wanting an active teacher for the community is a good thing, maybe if you were less, like this and was more positive you'd be an active teacher. This thread and what you did is plain rude and it's just targeting people. If you want good results, create the thread with positivity without targeting people.
(Feb 24, 2020, 09:41 PM)Apollo Wrote: [ -> ]

Teachers are well involved in a lot of commenting, voting and input discussions which is predominantly internal. Their position does not hinder anyone elses chances of being in the teacher team, it increases opinions and collaboration. Slightly unnecessary to call out names and create this discussion, but as said to contact ‍ or I. 

Thanks.

Ah here is a better response explaining what teachers do outside the server and internally involving staff members. From my point of view both Stomm and Auston do nothing. As unlike you, and , I can obviously can not see what they do outside of the in game stuff, which is clearly lacking. I know you guys can see certain hours over the month and stuff and having under 5 hours a month(at a guess) seems silly to allow them to be a part of the vote in internal things when they don't really know how the server is.
(Feb 24, 2020, 09:43 PM)Bambo Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 24, 2020, 09:38 PM)Brin. Wrote: [ -> ]

I didn't realize we had a hard cap of teachers.

Shocker. We don't.

You called their names out.

Wanting an active teacher for the community is a good thing, maybe if you were less, like this and was more positive you'd be an active teacher. This thread and what you did is plain rude and it's just targeting people. If you want good results, create the thread with positivity without targeting people.

So instead of 'Name calling' You mean calling them out? As name calling is insulting and slating them, I guess you could say I am slating them but about active hours which isn't about them personally. I really do not want to be teacher as I don't know enough about how the game works and the majority of the server are not a fan of me.
(Feb 24, 2020, 09:48 PM)Brin. Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 24, 2020, 09:41 PM)Apollo Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks.

Ah here is a better response explaining what teachers do outside the server and internally involving staff members. From my point of view both Stomm and Auston do nothing. As unlike you, and , I can obviously can not see what they do outside of the in game stuff, which is clearly lacking. I know you guys can see certain hours over the month and stuff and having under 5 hours a month(at a guess) seems silly to allow them to be a part of the vote in internal things when they don't really know how the server is.

We recently updated the guidelines where every teacher has to have at least 10 hours, do one event in 3 months and post 5 messages on the forums. If they don't, they get a strike and in 3 strikes they are asked to resign.

Now, 2 people's votes do not matter much when you consider the staff+teachers+mods in internal votes. And our internal votes go into detail about experiences that other people not knowing that person can be informed enough to have a slight opinion.

If you made a non-targeting thread that was actually to better the community rather than target and cause drama and toxicity, I'd go into detail but frankly, I'll keep the information to another thread that I'll put together soon to inform the community about what is happening with the teacher team.

Thank you for your concern, perhaps in the future, you can put it a less rude tone, and without targeting anyone.
(Feb 24, 2020, 09:53 PM)Bambo Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 24, 2020, 09:48 PM)Brin. Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 24, 2020, 09:41 PM)Apollo Wrote: [ -> ]Totally agree with Bambo here.

Thanks.

We recently updated the guidelines where every teacher has to have at least 10 hours, do one event in 3 months and post 5 messages on the forums. If they don't, they get a strike and in 3 strikes they are asked to resign.

Now, 2 people's votes do not matter much when you consider the staff+teachers+mods in internal votes. And our internal votes go into detail about experiences that other people not knowing that person can be informed enough to have a slight opinion.

If you made a non-targeting thread that was actually to better the community rather than target and cause drama and toxicity, I'd go into detail but frankly, I'll keep the information to another thread that I'll put together soon to inform the community about what is happening with the teacher team.

Thank you for your concern, perhaps in the future, you can put it a less rude tone, and without targeting anyone.

If I don't point out names, who are people meant to know who I am on about. 10 hours over a month seems pretty low to me. I understand people have lives and don't have the time to be on but why keep them as teacher? They don't benefit the server. It seems they come on do the bare minimum requirements, which you just stated, and then leave it till next month. Where as say 'Guv' and 'Kelle' (not as active now) they are on I would say a minimum 4 days a week and have a good understanding of the current RP and how the server is at this current time.
Are you aware Auston (and I think Stomm too) live on the West Coast of America, putting them 8 hours behind you? They don't get off work until 1am UK time. I don't see how you can criticise their activity when there is such a massive time difference.
(Feb 24, 2020, 10:05 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]Are you aware Auston (and I think Stomm too) live on the West Coast of America, putting them 8 hours behind you? They don't get off work until 1am UK time. I don't see how you can criticise their activity when there is such a massive time difference.

I was aware Auston was from America, yes. Stomm, I wasn't. Even then I have a quick look at OOC relay on discord and their names are no where to be seen. Also some nights I am on late till early morning (UK time) and don't see them. Only person from America, that I know of, I see on is Reebs.

EDIT: I don't see a lot of activity on the forums from them either. Bambo stated the minimum requirements I feel like they just do that each month.
I feel like this discussion isn't really going anywhere apart from being slightly heated. I assure you ‍ and I have been working on new policies and strategies to better the teacher team (As will be stated in a thread in the near future), though these things take time and patience. With that said, the current teacher team are not negatively impacting the server or community but still providing great support, so instead of us just booting them off the team, there are other methods we are trying to get everyone more involved.
(Feb 24, 2020, 10:09 PM)Brin. Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 24, 2020, 10:05 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]Are you aware Auston (and I think Stomm too) live on the West Coast of America, putting them 8 hours behind you? They don't get off work until 1am UK time. I don't see how you can criticise their activity when there is such a massive time difference.

I was aware Auston was from America, yes. Stomm, I wasn't. Even then I have a quick look at OOC relay on discord and their names are no where to be seen. Also some nights I am on late till early morning (UK time) and don't see them. Only person from America, that I know of, I see on is Reebs.

EDIT: I don't see a lot of activity on the forums from them either. Bambo stated the minimum requirements I feel like they just do that each month.

If you took at "peak" times, for arguments sake we'll say above 15 players, this occures roughly between the hours of 7pm and 9pm UTC (UK time e.g. Guv). If you compare this to EST (East Coast e.g. Reebs) and PST (West Coast e.g. Auston) you can see why Auston and Stomm are "inactive".

Let's say they both work 9-5 jobs, that means they will be working 5pm - 1am UTC (which happens to be the period of time in which the peak player count is). After above 12am UTC, the playercount drops off completely. So now you have to consider, why bother coming on if there is only 1 player on the server? You're not going to be roleplaying. There is literally no point other than contrafarming.

(If that was too hard to understand, please allow me to use a visual representation)

[Image: X9VPlfC.png]

We'll use the pink line as the minimum for the server to be considered at "peak population". As you can see from the red times (UK time) the playercount is above this line roughly between the hours of 7pm and 9-10pm. The blue times show EST (east coast US time), which has the peak between 2pm and 4-5pm, which barely gives east coast americans time to be apart of the "peak", depending on the time they finish school/work. They may only be online with more than 15 players for 30-60 minutes. The situation is even more drastic for those living in PST (west coast US time), displayed by the green times. In this area, peak time is roughly 11am to 1-2pm and during this time the vast majority of people will be at work and/or school.

Considering all this data, do you now understand why Stomm and Auston's activity is lower than the rest?

(Screenshot of playercount was taken at 20:11, despite this being posted at 20:28. The times on the graph will not be 100% accuracy, and you should allow up to 1 hour either way, but this doesn't take away from my point.)
Pages: 1 2 3