Limelight Forums

Full Version: "No Reason" warnings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So out of curiosity I hopped onto the Forum Warnings tab and the thing that first caught my eye is a warning issued to a user and under reason it simply says "No Reason". Is it even a valid warning at that point?

Example of the issued warning:
[Image: Qyj5lbL.png]

Apex

Good question. 

The reason I got the warning in reality was for posting this on a pr. [Image: unknown.png]

Guv

I Wonder This Myself, I Have No Idea. Staff Could probably give a good answer
That's the reason displayed when staff () don't put public reasons in their warnings.

[Image: AqV6Eb8xCucx.png]

Guv

(Jan 29, 2020, 12:38 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]That's the reason displayed when staff () don't put public reasons in their warnings.

Glad i know that now. ‍ is that problem solved?

Apex

(Jan 29, 2020, 12:38 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]That's the reason displayed when staff () don't put public reasons in their warnings.

if I can ask, what benefit does this have? I.e what is the reason for hiding the reason?
(Jan 30, 2020, 12:47 AM)Apex Wrote: [ -> ]

if I can ask, what benefit does this have? I.e what is the reason for hiding the reason?

Normally, that reason isn't shown (as it's the warning notes), it's like the admin info for regular bans. But staff ( ) normally fill in the public reason, so it's not left blank.

Apex

(Jan 30, 2020, 12:50 AM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]Normally, that reason isn't shown (as it's the warning notes), it's like the admin info for regular bans. But staff ( ) normally fill in the public reason, so it's not left blank.

from an accountability perspective that doesn't seem watertight. But y'know it's just forum warnings B)
(Jan 30, 2020, 01:25 PM)Apex Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 30, 2020, 12:50 AM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]Normally, that reason isn't shown (as it's the warning notes), it's like the admin info for regular bans. But staff ( ) normally fill in the public reason, so it's not left blank.

from an accountability perspective that doesn't seem watertight. But y'know it's just forum warnings B)

It's not, but we had to build the public warning reasons ontop of mybb's inbuilt warning system, and that's the best way to do it without making large overhauls.
I can guarantee there are reasons for at least the most recent two. It might be worth posting a warning appeal to get it clarified however, since it does show there is no reason.
Everyone here is so offended and so politically correct, this is without no doubt the worst forum rules and staff handling (not all staff's, but you see who warns the most and is the most butthurt) I've ever seen imo compared to reddit which is actually a good platform and people don't cry 24/7 just because they got told a funny little joke or me assuming something or wrote some lyrics on a thread, you instantly get warned but why not have a verbal warning instead also like this warning system is so shitty. 
You should be able to have fully free speech, so u can basically call an idiot for an idiot and facts don't care about your feelings. 
Imagine I got a warning for posting song lyrics when I was responding to a thread about me and telling a guy he is probably not over 16 in which he shouldn't write on my thread, this forum is really a joke, the rules are so politically correct I almost wanna throw up and people that get offended so easily really should never be playing this game and are probably also under the age of 16.
(Jan 30, 2020, 03:04 PM)lampard Wrote: [ -> ]Everyone here is so offended and so politically correct, this is without no doubt the worst forum rules and staff handling (not all staff's, but you see who warns the most and is the most butthurt) I've ever seen imo compared to reddit which is actually a good platform and people don't cry 24/7 just because they got told a funny little joke or me assuming something or wrote some lyrics on a thread, you instantly get warned but why not have a verbal warning instead also like this warning system is so shitty. 
You should be able to have fully free speech, so u can basically call an idiot for an idiot and facts don't care about your feelings. 
Imagine I got a warning for posting song lyrics when I was responding to a thread about me and telling a guy he is probably not over 16 in which he shouldn't write on my thread, this forum is really a joke, the rules are so politically correct I almost wanna throw up and people that get offended so easily really should never be playing this game and are probably also under the age of 16.

that's nice.
couldn't care less.
(Jan 30, 2020, 03:04 PM)lampard Wrote: [ -> ]Everyone here is so offended and so politically correct, this is without no doubt the worst forum rules and staff handling (not all staff's, but you see who warns the most and is the most butthurt) I've ever seen imo compared to reddit which is actually a good platform and people don't cry 24/7 just because they got told a funny little joke or me assuming something or wrote some lyrics on a thread, you instantly get warned but why not have a verbal warning instead also like this warning system is so shitty. 

Hmmm ok
(Jan 30, 2020, 12:50 AM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 30, 2020, 12:47 AM)Apex Wrote: [ -> ]

Normally, that reason isn't shown (as it's the warning notes), it's like the admin info for regular bans. But staff ( ) normally fill in the public reason, so it's not left blank.

My bad apparently I can't read....
(Jan 30, 2020, 08:49 PM)Stell90 Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 30, 2020, 12:50 AM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 30, 2020, 12:47 AM)Apex Wrote: [ -> ]if I can ask, what benefit does this have? I.e what is the reason for hiding the reason?

My bad apparently I can't read....

Don't worry, we all make mistakes from time to time. Smile
, , any more questions?
https://www.gmodstore.com/market/view/4943
Great that you have something to profit of.
Pages: 1 2