Limelight Forums

Full Version: Changes to rule 5.5.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Explain your suggestion, in detail: Change to rule 5.5. "You may only modify vehicles using the context menu or /customize if the vehicle's owner allows you to. Do not modify vehicles unrealistically out of context."

Owner permission shouldn't be needed if the car is stolen by a car thief and is to be sold to other players. It makes sense that a car thief would attempt to change the visual aspects (for example the paintjob) of a vehicle if he is to sell it to others and wouldn't want to be caught. Given that the car thief has a chop chop etc and sticks to the rules, then this should be allowed.
However the changes shouldn't be changed with /customize, as it shouldn't be permanent/saved.

Explain why the suggestion should be implemented: It makes sense I hope.
(Jan 21, 2020, 08:14 PM)Insert Wrote: [ -> ]Explain your suggestion, in detail: Change to rule 5.5. "You may only modify vehicles using the context menu or /customize if the vehicle's owner allows you to. Do not modify vehicles unrealistically out of context."

Owner permission shouldn't be needed if the car is stolen by a car thief and is to be sold to other players. It makes sense that a car thief would attempt to change the visual aspects (for example the paintjob) of a vehicle if he is to sell it to others and wouldn't want to be caught. Given that the car thief has a chop chop etc and sticks to the rules, then this should be allowed.
However the changes shouldn't be changed with /customize, as it shouldn't be permanent/saved.

Explain why the suggestion should be implemented: It makes sense I hope.

This would be good but say a new player is mechanic. I could easily go 'Change MY car' then in LOOC 'right click with wrench etc' They wouldn't be too sure. Maybe add a spray can item that changes the colour/hood/bumpers randomly(which do not save)?
(Jan 21, 2020, 08:17 PM)Brin. Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 21, 2020, 08:14 PM)Insert Wrote: [ -> ]-

This would be good but say a new player is mechanic. I could easily go 'Change MY car' then in LOOC 'right click with wrench etc' They wouldn't be too sure. Maybe add a spray can item that changes the colour/hood/bumpers randomly(which do not save)?

The whole "context menu" vs "/customize" is really unclear for new players, I agree and think it needs to be clearified. But adding a third option to change a car would probably just increase the unclarity in my opinion.
+support
Makes sense.
(Jan 21, 2020, 08:23 PM)Insert Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 21, 2020, 08:17 PM)Brin. Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 21, 2020, 08:14 PM)Insert Wrote: [ -> ]-

The whole "context menu" vs "/customize" is really unclear for new players, I agree and think it needs to be clearified. But adding a third option to change a car would probably just increase the unclarity in my opinion.

I understand what you are saying but make this 'item' I think would work have say 2/3 REPs needed. Then you have a way to not involve a mechanic etc
(Jan 21, 2020, 08:35 PM)Brin. Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 21, 2020, 08:23 PM)Insert Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 21, 2020, 08:17 PM)Brin. Wrote: [ -> ]This would be good but say a new player is mechanic. I could easily go 'Change MY car' then in LOOC 'right click with wrench etc' They wouldn't be too sure. Maybe add a spray can item that changes the colour/hood/bumpers randomly(which do not save)?

I understand what you are saying but make this 'item' I think would work have say 2/3 REPs needed. Then you have a way to not involve a mechanic etc

I just hope said item wouldn't make the mechanic job a bit worthless, I mean there is already a way to fix your car without a mechanic, if you can change the color of a car also then there wouldn't be much left for a mechanic to do.
+support for the context menu 

-support for permanent modifications with wrench & /customise
(Jan 21, 2020, 08:44 PM)Insert Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 21, 2020, 08:23 PM)Insert Wrote: [ -> ]The whole "context menu" vs "/customize" is really unclear for new players, I agree and think it needs to be clearified. But adding a third option to change a car would probably just increase the unclarity in my opinion.

I just hope said item wouldn't make the mechanic job a bit worthless, I mean there is already a way to fix your car without a mechanic, if you can change the color of a car also then there wouldn't be much left for a mechanic to do.

Yeah but it’s temporary and doesn’t last forever, making it wear off after a set amount of time might work
(Jan 21, 2020, 08:44 PM)Insert Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 21, 2020, 08:23 PM)Insert Wrote: [ -> ]The whole "context menu" vs "/customize" is really unclear for new players, I agree and think it needs to be clearified. But adding a third option to change a car would probably just increase the unclarity in my opinion.

It would be completely random. You can not choose what it does it just does it.
if changes are temporary until the car is stored again sure thing
-support,

this will get abused= more chance of people getting banned over stupid shit.
+support

Edit: I can't read.

Edit: ^ Or write you dumb ass
+ Support
Pushing for Staff Review.

#type:[review]
Pages: 1 2