Limelight Forums

Full Version: Daley's Resignation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone,

I'll be resigning from my position as a staff member.  While recently regaining intrest in the server, I have come to the realization that it is not a priority for me at this time, and I cannot put in the hours like I used too, and thus have been slacking on my duties. Besides that, a lot of the aspects, and things that drew me into LL are no longer here. Many of the people I used to play with have left, and the servers amount of role-play has not increased like I had hoped. 

I think LimeLight could become more like it used to be, but I also feel like certain decisions and actions need to be taken to focus more on certain role-play aspects, that allow character development, a progressive story of the city and server, and in-game consequences for actions. Which are common-place for the majority of semi-serious servers. While some of these would require development, a lot of this can be done by adding rules. And the criminal side of things need a massive overhaul, since government RP is the standard on LL. 

LimeLight needs to be more conclusive and decisive, and create a more uniform product. While several updates have helped in creating that, there is still a lot of content that feels disconnected to the rest, or feels out of place. While positivism can be beneficial, and a positive environment is better for everyone, it can also be harmful when it clouds judgment, and gives people an unrealistic perspective on certain matters. I feel like this is something the staff team needs to improve on.

I have had plenty of memorable moments on the servers, and I would like to thank everyone that has helped create those, and the rest of the staff team for putting in the time and effort over the years.

Kind regards,
Daley
[Image: giphy.gif]

Really sad to see you leave Daley, though I can completely understand the reasoning behind it. I'm glad I had the chance to work with you, for the discussions we've had and for the inspiration and motivation you gave me to be a better roleplayer and to encourage others to do the same. Take care and please do keep in touch! <3
no

But, as I am sure we can all understand some of the points in your thread, we're definitely going to miss you as an member of our community and the staff team and we also hope that the raised points will improve over time. Thank you for the time you have put into the community and the services you have offered over the years that you've been around here and I hope you'll pop in-game once in a while when you have some free time.

Good luck with what you'll be doing from here on and always feel free to drop me a message.
Been a blast Daley.

I've been working both under you and with you for some time now, even going back to when I was just a teacher starting out on the team and it's been great. We've bashed heads a fair amount of times, and I truly hope you don't take it personally. Thank you for helping me get to where I am though, and whilst I'm sad to see you go, I'm glad that you made the right decision. I agree with some of the things you say about our direction, and hopefully we see some of what you mentioned come into shape soon enough.

Wishing you all the best man.
Cya bud, been great working around you.

<3 <3
Take care Daley!
Thanks for everything you’ve done Daley. You really put a lot of effort into LimeLight (especially when you had more time), for which you deserve to be honored. It‘s definitely sad to see you leaving Sad

Hope you have a good time bud and I wish you all the best for the future! <3
Take care Daley.
I still remember the first time I saw you play on the server many winters ago. I remember hating you then, for being part of a clan that in my eyes were RDMing everyone. I thought that you were an elitist who only played with a small group of people and was very exclusive with his roleplays.

I don't know if it was you changing as a person/player, or me looking at things from a different perspective, but in the last few years you became much more likable in my eyes and I learned to respect you both as a roleplayer and as a person. You had many great roleplays, that everyone could take part in and you managed to create a clan that did not focus on solving all of its problems with aggressive force.

Hope to see you around once more when S&Box rolls around the corner. Wink
ah cya in a biswell
o7 

A brave staff member. Stay safe out there big yin.
Goodbye! I won't miss you.
It's a rare occurence to meet a member of staff that doesnt change what he believes upon becoming staff. You'll be truely missed.
Daley,

Though we didn’t really talk much, it was an absolute pleasure to work with you. You’ll be missed

Best of luck in future endeavors!
preach father!

thanks for the memories daley, you will be missed sir!
Pages: 1 2