Limelight Forums

Full Version: Half-Life: Alyx
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Reveal Trailer:

[Image: CBewjuV.png]
Due to this game, I’m actually thinking about getting a VR system... please don’t tell me I’m the only one who thinks like that...
99.62% of Steam Users after seeing this:
[Image: NpQXkMb.png]

For real though - it's definitely going to be a selling point for VR, and is probably one of the biggest-budget VR titles currently out there. And if you happen to own an Index (or Index controllers) before it's release, you get the game added to your library for free.

Can't wait for this
Trailer looks good. I expect the actual gameplay to be pretty mediocre.

The trailer looks really amazing, even for a VR game. But that probably won't be the reality of most of the gameplay, you'll be teleporting around or stood in one place at a time.

This is just a poor excuse for Valve to compete with other stores because their's is becoming a shop for online hentai.

It's also set between Half Life 1 and 2. We want Half Life 3, not some lazy, strapped together hyped up VR crap.
Cautiously optimistic for this, though it's definitely not enough to persuade me to fork out for a VR setup quite yet.
HL1 kicked the industry up the arse with new ideas for telling story through gameplay, instead of prior options, "text dumps" and "watch 200 cutscenes", leaving Valve as a leader of the industry for the time.

HL2 kicked the industry up the arse with a new engine, as yet unseen physics tech, combined with great storytelling for a well rounded gameplay experience, leaving Valve as a leader of the industry for the time.

It's what their MO seems to be, and I hope HL:A does the same again.
Looks great. Was a suprise to see this drop for sure. Makes me want to have a vr headset. But not enough to buy one
(Nov 23, 2019, 11:04 AM)Daley Wrote: [ -> ]Looks great. Was a suprise to see this drop for sure. Makes me want to have a vr headset. But not enough to buy one

ill move into your house, we'll split the cost 50/50.
(Nov 22, 2019, 02:24 AM)kellekerell Wrote: [ -> ]Due to this game, I’m actually thinking about getting a VR system... please don’t tell me I’m the only one who thinks like that...

That's the point... that's why I just bought one lol
(Nov 22, 2019, 11:06 AM)Wheatcake Wrote: [ -> ]Trailer looks good. I expect the actual gameplay to be pretty mediocre.

The trailer looks really amazing, even for a VR game. But that probably won't be the reality of most of the gameplay, you'll be teleporting around or stood in one place at a time.

This is just a poor excuse for Valve to compete with other stores because their's is becoming a shop for online hentai.

It's also set between Half Life 1 and 2. We want Half Life 3, not some lazy, strapped together hyped up VR crap.

I mean if you actually read what Valve has said about the movement mechanics in the game you'd know that it's not just teleport, the player has a choice on what movement mechanics they want to use.

Stop being so cynical.
Time to sell my Vive and get an Index lmaooooooooo

This is a chance for VR to be pushed more into mainstream by a AAA dev more than ever. HL has a tendency to challenge the status quo, so I'm excited.
Quite sad that they wont release a non vr version
Get with the times old man
Preload has started.

Hit the whistle on the hype train

WhooWHOOOOOOOOO
Pages: 1 2