Limelight Forums

Full Version: Half-Life: Alyx
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OH I'M FUCKING HYPED!

Watched the interview with Gaben and he seems so excited and earnest!
THE TIME HAS COME!

my fukin 15m USB cord isn't in yet so I can't play yet REEEEEEEEEEE
Incredible

Simply incredible.

I will say, I did not need that extra detailed look at the functions of the health chargers.
its really great game with AMAZING graphics and alot of amazing stuff 
but... 
dont you guys think its stupid to make new half life called ''half-life alyx''?
they could have continued half-life 2 story and lets us now what will actually happen and what was the creepy things that killed eli ?
and they would have made alot of money and bring alot of atention more then ''half-life alyx''
and i dont think it would be harder to make half life 3 because there is already a story not such as half-life alyx they had to make new story
(Nov 22, 2019, 11:06 AM)Wheatcake Wrote: [ -> ]Trailer looks good. I expect the actual gameplay to be pretty mediocre.

The trailer looks really amazing, even for a VR game. But that probably won't be the reality of most of the gameplay, you'll be teleporting around or stood in one place at a time.

This is just a poor excuse for Valve to compete with other stores because their's is becoming a shop for online hentai.

It's also set between Half Life 1 and 2. We want Half Life 3, not some lazy, strapped together hyped up VR crap.

Shop for online hentai is the pinnacle of what steam can achieve. AYAYA

OT: Game looks neat, but no VR headset and I won't be getting one just yet.
(Nov 22, 2019, 11:06 AM)Wheatcake Wrote: [ -> ]Trailer looks good. I expect the actual gameplay to be pretty mediocre.

The trailer looks really amazing, even for a VR game. But that probably won't be the reality of most of the gameplay, you'll be teleporting around or stood in one place at a time.

This is just a poor excuse for Valve to compete with other stores because their's is becoming a shop for online hentai.

It's also set between Half Life 1 and 2. We want Half Life 3, not some lazy, strapped together hyped up VR crap.

From what I saw, they've got the option for three movement types. Teleporting, Analogue Movement and some other shit which I don't remember.

And at 97% positive reviews currently, it's shaping up to follow my predictions. Valve setting a new baseline in the industry.
I usually do free movement, but this game was made for locomotion and does it extremely well to a point it feels natural in my movements.

The atmosphere is also EXTREMELY satisfying. A lot of sections feel a lot more frightening and fighting headcrabs and zombies scares the shit outta me. The fact that I could use a trash can lid as a shield from a leaping headcrab gave me chills. Game is absolutely worth the time and I’m not even done with it yet.
(Mar 24, 2020, 10:03 AM)brave soldier Wrote: [ -> ]its really great game with AMAZING graphics and alot of amazing stuff 
but... 
dont you guys think its stupid to make new half life called ''half-life alyx''?
they could have continued half-life 2 story and lets us now what will actually happen and what was the creepy things that killed eli ?
and they would have made alot of money and bring alot of atention more then ''half-life alyx''
and i dont think it would be harder to make half life 3 because there is already a story not such as half-life alyx they had to make new story

I'm sure it's coming. They mention his death in the intro text, I don't see why they'd mention the cliffhanger of HL2E2 if they didn't plan to resolve it. (Also, the flying slugs are "Advisors", I think they're the brains behind the combine)

I wonder if this was to test the waters before going all in on 3. See how people react to a VR only title, to a new HL title, make sure they can still wow people the way they used to. With the reception Alyx is getting, I believe the answer to all of those is "Hell yes!"
Pages: 1 2