Limelight Forums

Full Version: /pay command
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Explain your suggestion, in detail: add /pay command to pay money
[font=Roboto, sans-serif]Explain why the suggestion should be implemented: /pay [amount] is alot easier than /givemoney to write and i think its really good idea [/font]
-support

unnecessary, use the context menu if you have trouble typing 9 letter word in a sentence
yes maybe its not necessary and its just 9 letters but it would be alot easier to write using 3 letters and the context menu don't have the amount of money i wana pay like i had to pay  someone 1 mil 6 times in row to buy car
(Nov 8, 2019, 04:13 PM)brave soldier Wrote: [ -> ]yes maybe its not necessary and its just 9 letters but it would be alot easier to write using 3 letters and the context menu don't have the amount of money i wana pay like i had to pay  someone 1 mil 6 times in row to buy car
Is 1mil the limit for /givemoney or something?
Also, when in the chat box just press the up arrow and it'll input your last entered string of text. A lot quicker.
/givemoney is fine. And you can just use the context menu. Yea you can argue the amount you want to give isn't in the context menu but just do some simple math. 1000 + 500 is 1500.

-Support
no i meant like when u press C, givemoney there is just 1mil when i had like 6 mil since this happened and also 
and i dont have problem with math but all i am saying is /pay would be better and /pay,/givemoney will be the commands to pay money
(Nov 8, 2019, 04:33 PM)brave soldier Wrote: [ -> ]no i meant like when u press C, givemoney there is just 1mil when i had like 6 mil since this happened and also 
and i dont have problem with math but all i am saying is /pay would be better and /pay,/givemoney will be the commands to pay money
I couldn't care less if /pay was made as an alternate way to givemoney. But I want to see the /givemoney command stay also. Changing the command completely so there is no longer /givemoney will confuse new and returning players who've been used to use /givemoney.

I vote to add /pay as an alternate command that will woke alongside /givemoney. Then people can choose their preference.
ye i know, i am not saying that we should change the command we just can add /pay command
-support

/pay would refer to some sort of transaction/trade of goods and money. I am not always buying something when I give someone money. /givemoney is a more general term that makes sense in all situations. There are already accommodations for not wanting to type it out every time, for example: the context menu.
-support

No point just saves you 2 seconds typing it
Adding a command alias takes 2 seconds of time, there's really no argument against it. If you don't like it, don't use it and keep using /givemoney.

+support
I agree, just make sure to keep the /givemoney command. Adding /pay alongside it won‘t harm anyone.

+support
+ Support

As long as it's added as an alternative to /givemoney, I don't see the downside to this.
(Nov 8, 2019, 04:07 PM)Armard Wrote: [ -> ]-support

unnecessary, use the context menu if you have trouble typing 9 letter word in a sentence

How would you give 1,257,412$ via the context menu?
(Nov 8, 2019, 11:13 PM)Monkey Wrote: [ -> ]-support

/pay would refer to some sort of transaction/trade of goods and money. I am not always buying something when I give someone money. /givemoney is a more general term that makes sense in all situations. There are already accommodations for not wanting to type it out every time, for example: the context menu.

/refund refers to issuing refunds to people, when it's used for any generic action for staff adjusting a player's money.
/voice refers to speaking, when it actually adjusts a player's radio settings.

The use can be inferred, so I don't see why the pedantics are required.
(Nov 8, 2019, 04:13 PM)brave soldier Wrote: [ -> ]yes maybe its not necessary and its just 9 letters but it would be alot easier to write using 3 letters and the context menu don't have the amount of money i wana pay like i had to pay  someone 1 mil 6 times in row to buy car

I ask you the same question I asked of Armard. You currently owe me $5,447,945. How would you pay that through the context menu?
(Nov 8, 2019, 11:28 PM)Ollie Wrote: [ -> ]-support

No point just saves you 2 seconds typing it

Saving people time is a pretty good reason.
thats true that it just saves 2 seconds but i never used /givemoney in other servers like [FL] i only use /Pay so every time i wana pay money i do /pay and its not valid command in [LL] so i hope they add it
Changing to +support

I had thought this was for replacing the command. I don't have a problem with creating an alias for it.
Pages: 1 2