Limelight Forums

Full Version: Correctional Officer AMA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am a correctional officer for the state of Texas. I work in a prison with thousands of convicts. If you have any questions AMA
Weirdest contraband find?
oooh it all make sense now,

how long have you been working as a CO?
now i know why your such a dick aggresive guy

jk ly dan no homo
how many times do the prisoners peg u on a daily basis
(Oct 9, 2019, 09:04 PM)Montyfatcat Wrote: [ -> ]Weirdest contraband find?

Last week I was doing a cell search on this short Mexican dude. Under his toilet I found soap formed into a dildo and boxers cut into a thong.
(Oct 9, 2019, 09:06 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]oooh it all make sense now,

how long have you been working as a CO?

I joined the academy in December of last year, so I’m coming up on a year. I started working visitation, where the inmates can visit with their family. Now I work in high security at my unit.
(Oct 9, 2019, 09:24 PM)Zaidplays Wrote: [ -> ]now i know why your such a dick aggresive guy

jk ly dan no homo

TBH I’m probably less of a dick in game than I am at work. You’ve gotta be very thick skinned and quick minded with insults to keep from getting chewed up by the inmates.
(Oct 9, 2019, 09:36 PM)Hungames Wrote: [ -> ]how many times do the prisoners peg u on a daily basis

Other way around buddy
Do you expect to move up (or lateral to some other department) or stay in corrections? Here in Louisiana if you go corrections for jails or prisons, you'll never get out.
(Oct 9, 2019, 10:29 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]Do you expect to move up (or lateral to some other department) or stay in corrections? Here in Louisiana if you go corrections for jails or prisons, you'll never get out.

I understand people getting stuck in it. I work with some people who have been with the state for 40+ years. I honestly only plan on sticking around until I am finished with college. I chose to work this over a cashier at HEB because I knew it would be beneficial when I go to apply as a cop somewhere. However, if I did stay, I wouldn't want to promote to sergeant+. I would transfer divisions to either K9 or transportation if I do get stuck.

[Image: s1dUExe.jpg]
[Image: 59Wg8fF.jpg]
How the fuck are you balancing correction officer times and college?
(Oct 10, 2019, 02:21 AM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]How the fuck are you balancing correction officer times and college?

TDCJ actually offers part time jobs. Usually the academy is 6 weeks long, but there is a 4 week academy that is 13 hour days, 5 or 6 days a week. I went through that during my winter break. I go to college in Huntsville, which has like 8 prisons in the surrounding area, so there are a ton of college kids working for the prison. TDCJ is very lenient on schedules. I'm able to choose the days that I want to work. For example I have a morning class on Tuesdays/Thursdays and work those days from 1-11pm.
Ahh ok. Here in St. Tammany Parish there are part time positions, but they are STRICT on schedules. Not to mention they are both extremely dangerous facilities. Even the min. security inmates are known to be aggressive.
(Oct 10, 2019, 04:49 AM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]Ahh ok. Here in St. Tammany Parish there are part time positions, but they are STRICT on schedules. Not to mention they are both extremely dangerous facilities. Even the min. security inmates are known to be aggressive.

Are those county (or I guess parish) jails or actual prisons for the state of Louisiana? There’s a big difference in the behaviors of the inmates. People in county jails seem to be more riled up. Where I work, the inmates have anywhere from around 10 years to life. They’ve been incarcerated for a while so a lot of them have calmed down.
Pages: 1 2