Limelight Forums

Full Version: Remove References
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Explain your suggestion, in detail:
Remove References from the Teacher Application Format.

Explain why the suggestion should be implemented:
Literally, no teachers or staff (that I am aware of) talks to any of the references that are listed as it is and any references that are listed are usually:
  1. Applicant's Friend
  2. Applicant's Clan Member
  3. A staff member they talk to
Which then defeats the purpose of having references.
+support
If no staff/teachers talk to references, +Support.

Guv

-support 

the references system is a list of people you can display to vouch for you in your app so its not about talking to them
(Sep 18, 2019, 11:02 PM)Guv Wrote: [ -> ]-support 

the references system is a list of people you can display to vouch for you in your app so its not about talking to them

They do that anyway

You can do that by reading their review they post, no?

Even more so, just putting that someone vouches for you doesn't mean that they are a good teacher model. That's like saying Puffitee posting an application with all of Givens attached is a valuable list of people who are vouching for him to become a Teacher.
Agreed, it encourages a sort of elitism mentality. If somebody wishes to give a positive review of somebody they can do so by posting a reply, I honestly don't even know whether references are followed up on, but it seems like a waste of time. +support
+ Support

If you know people who support your application, ask them to make a + support post on it, there's no need to tag them in the references if they're happy with you and your application.
+support.

I was added as a reference for someone I didn't know, and someone else I -supported.
It's a useless part of the template. If you're known in the community, you're known. If you're not, you're not.
(Sep 18, 2019, 10:50 PM)Ollie630 Wrote: [ -> ]If no staff/teachers talk to references, +Support.

Guv

(Sep 19, 2019, 12:05 PM)Dicky Wrote: [ -> ]

Even more so, just putting that someone vouches for you doesn't mean that they are a good teacher model. That's like saying Puffitee posting an application with all of Givens attached is a valuable list of people who are vouching for him to become a Teacher.
sir theres no need to get defensive on my opinion on this matter, what im saying is rather than wasting time looking through all the replies it just gives that list of people who are (very likely) to leave a good reply, so it saves the time scrolling through all the replies
(Sep 19, 2019, 05:56 PM)Guv Wrote: [ -> ]

sir theres no need to get defensive on my opinion on this matter, what im saying is rather than wasting time looking through all the replies it just gives that list of people who are (very likely) to leave a good reply, so it saves the time scrolling through all the replies

Except they have to consider every member's opinion cause this is somewhat of a democracy.
+support
(Sep 19, 2019, 05:56 PM)Guv Wrote: [ -> ]

But you have to read the good and the bad either way? You can't just read the good and ignore the bad lmao.
+support

Quote:It's a useless part of the template. If you're known in the community, you're known. If you're not, you're not.
Pages: 1 2