Limelight Forums

Full Version: Visible body armor accessories
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Explain your suggestion, in detail:
Create and implement body armor cosmetics, available for purchase as accessories, to be able to wear over civilian clothing. This would include different levels of body armor and different patches to use with it.
These patches could be as simple as the current ones are with ''SWAT, POLICE, SHERIFF'' but maybe also include ''FBI, ATF, DEA'' or divisions within those agencies like ''Gang Unit, Violence Suppression Unit, Probation Unit, Warrant Strike Team/Fugitive Task Force'', etc.

Examples:

[Image: CsX2jZ6.jpg]

[Image: aS3b841.jpg]

Explain why the suggestion should be implemented:
Would create more character variety, cosmetic advantages and visibility for (e.g.) plainclothed officers or armed robbers.
+support

i want

Eddie

I think something like this was already approved. However massive support from me would give RP some more variety.
It's on the roadmap already but +support x
+Support

YES
+1 looks like a good idea for better roleplay
It's very little work but the only issue is models. Unsure whether we have anyone who can make something like that for us, if you could find a model that would make things a lot easier.

+support nonetheless
+ Support

Though like Welk said, it might be a while before we can get a modeller to do this anyway.
(Sep 3, 2019, 11:42 PM)Welker Wrote: [ -> ]It's very little work but the only issue is models. Unsure whether we have anyone who can make something like that for us, if you could find a model that would make things a lot easier.

+support nonetheless

Would models from other games work too? I see a lot of body armor models from GTA IV's roleplaying clans flashing by with all sorts of different agencies on it. Same goes for badges, holsters, etc. They're often items that you can change through the menu so not ''printed'' onto the playermodel.

(Sep 3, 2019, 11:59 AM)Tom* Wrote: [ -> ]It's on the roadmap already but +support x

Thanks, I was aware of this, but I figured they wanted to make something like the current body armor police playermodels / SWAT playermodels have and I figured this might change it up just a little bit. As long as it's not the bulky police playermodel body armor, I am happy.
(Sep 4, 2019, 10:21 AM)Wesley Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 3, 2019, 11:42 PM)Welker Wrote: [ -> ]-SNIP-

Would models from other games work too? I see a lot of body armor models from GTA IV's roleplaying clans flashing by with all sorts of different agencies on it. Same goes for badges, holsters, etc. They're often items that you can change through the menu so not ''printed'' onto the playermodel.

Not in a way that helps. It is most likely possible for that to work but, the main reason this suggestion would be harder is that we don't have a model porter (ATLEAST WITH WHAT I HAVE BEEN TOLD FOR THE DEVELOPER TEAM THREAD) with leaving the Development position. If LimeLight is able to get the chest piece from the S.W.A.T uniform they can easily make it as an accessory. The only issue is making it into a prop and cutting it blah .. blah blah.. development stuff.

It just sounds easier than it probably is. LimeLight would just need to privately hire or get a modeller to sort these into props and then they could be transferred into accessories.

(On the topic, Tis a +Support)
(Sep 4, 2019, 06:52 PM)Dicky Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 4, 2019, 10:21 AM)Wesley Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 3, 2019, 11:42 PM)Welker Wrote: [ -> ]-SNIP-

-snip-

LimeLight would just need to privately hire or get a modeller to sort these into props and then they could be transferred into accessories.

Then it should lmao. If certain skills are lacking in the existing development team then unfortunately we have to dig into our pockets and pay for them to come from elsewhere. 

Hell, nothing precludes us from just putting an ad on gmodstore or something similar. Instead of moping about how we don't have the skills let's actually do this and hire the skills we need.

Guv

+support 

mint idea 

the different kind of patches are in game already, so maybe some sort of kevlar can be added to the accessories to accommodate these, to purchase the patches is another good idea
+Support

Would also be quite nice for kevlar you get from a black market dealer
(Sep 3, 2019, 11:42 PM)Welker Wrote: [ -> ]It's very little work but the only issue is models. Unsure whether we have anyone who can make something like that for us, if you could find a model that would make things a lot easier.

+support nonetheless
I believe there is already a Kevlar vest model on the model packs but they might have been removed in the purge
Pages: 1 2