Limelight Forums

Full Version: Yall win. I'm out.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Some of yall know me, some of yall don't.

Long story short, I wanted to stick it out with this community for the rest of it's days for what it did for my daughter.  Sadly it has turned into something I just can't be a part of anymore.  People love to comment about how aggressive I am, how I do this that or the other.  Staff have been comin on me for it.  At the same time, after staff come down on me, other staff and users get to call me names like Boomer or Commie and mask their bullshit under "I was just joking."

I wanted to go back to helping with development tasks on the contributor team, but the when you use the feedback section, you're told its not feedback and you have to make a report.  Things that have been on hold, that I wanted to undertake because it would keep me out of the social aspects, I'm told are being worked on.....  Just like I was told that when I worked here....  And before I worked here...

Then there is the community's tolerance for toxic behavior, to the point that they'd rather attack people who have opinions on it and condone what the trolls are doing.

I'd say I'm taking a break, but yall would be much much happier with me gone, and since that's the general vibe I'm getting, I see no reason to bother trying to be here anymore.

Goodbye.
I mean, you've been calling people sensitive snowflakes, SJWs, etc over conflicting opinions but get upset because you get called a boomer or a communist? interesting. 

Anyways, cheerio old sport. Safe travels
Take care Jokhah you have a great passion for the community and nobody can take that from you, but sometimes you become too passionate it seems.

Hope everything goes well for you and your family, Goodbye.
[Image: oBTaSi7.gif]
(Aug 17, 2019, 06:58 PM)Decay Wrote: [ -> ]Take care Jokhah you have a great passion for the community and nobody can take that from you, but sometimes you become too passionate it seems.

Hope everything goes well for you and your family, Goodbye.

Imagine that you had a child and when she needed help the most, a bunch of gamers you've never met before did the absolute most to help ensure she had the best shot at life she could have.

Now tell me that I'm too passionate.  This community quite seriously saved my child's skull and brain development.  I would have flayed my skin from my own body to help this place survive.

But under these conditions?  I just can't.

I can't be told that I'm wrong and insulting, which I was, then have the same team call me a commie after telling me I'm wrong.

I can't sit here and have others tell me what I mean or how I feel, then have those same people deny their own words that are out there to be seen.

I can't sit here and watch as things can be done, that I can do personally and have offered, but they sit on a back burner.

I can't stand that many of the job problems from years ago are still here today, and instead of doing anything about them, instead they want to work on some skill stat project that still won't solve the issue.

Just can't man.

You know me.

Doing what I'm doing here, is one of the hardest things I've had to do, but I feel its the best thing I can do to help the house survive.

People don't want me here, if I linger I'll end up hurting the place.

Time to hobo on down the road.
Fairwell man. Drama aside, way back when you were a new mod on "another community" 6 or so years ago you helped me out a bunch and weren't aggressive with punishments when I effed up. Take care and good luck in whatever you end up doing.
(Aug 17, 2019, 07:20 PM)goigle Wrote: [ -> ]Fairwell man. Drama aside, way back when you were a new mod on "another community" 6 or so years ago you helped me out a bunch and weren't aggressive with punishments when I effed up. Take care and good luck in whatever you end up doing.

You're an amazing dude.  Good at almost anything you apply yourself to.  Take care of the community and good luck in its development.  I wish I could have joined you in that.
(Aug 17, 2019, 06:59 PM)Dicky Wrote: [ -> ][Image: oBTaSi7.gif]

Thanks for your gif I guess.  A+ shitpost.  Stuff like that is part of why I'm leaving.  Its okay to shitpost, just don't tell someone your opinion on it.  Thankfully no one pays attention to posting rule 9.
yikes i guess
(Aug 17, 2019, 07:40 PM)Cole_ Wrote: [ -> ]yikes i guess

Not sure what you expect me to take away from that.  whatever i guess
Shame to see you leave Jokhah, all the best in for the future for yourself and your daughter.
All the best man!
Goodbye, never really spoke to you but stay safe.

Thanks for yall's replies.  I lumped them because they are generally the same, not to be impersonal about it.  This is a good community that has a lot to offer you.

To Zaid more specifically, get unbanned and act right man.  People who threatened to DDoS or otherwise hack the services have made recoveries and rejoined the ranks.  You can too.
Take care man!

Communism only works in Minecraft. Change my mind.
Pages: 1 2 3