Limelight Forums

Full Version: Map Feedback - v4b1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone. 

How is your performance in v4b1 when compared to other maps?

How is the roleplay variety? Have you started seeing more roleplay than other maps?

When compared to other maps we've used, what is the one thing you're missing that was available in other maps?

Looking forward to your answers!
Performance: Pretty good compared to TN. About same, maybe lil bit better compared to Rockford. 

Roleplay: Honestly hasn't been long enough to get a good answer, but it is about the same maybe a lil more amount of roleplays. Variety has gone way down, it's always the same thing every time on Evocity.

Map: It just doesn't have the openness feel to it. I feel trapped almost everywhere on the map. There aren't a lot of choices when picking a direction to drive in. Rockford and TN allowed multiple ways to get somewhere.
Average 20-30 fps, PowerPoint presentation at worst.

Skip second question.

I miss my doomforts bases. The Mines base will always have a special place in my heart. Now that we've changed the map yet again, stick to it. Add new content to #MakeLimelightGreatAgain
1. Better than in Truenorth and Rockford. Additionally, I am able to load into the server very quickly and don't time out.

2. More RP than on Truenorth and Rockford combined. Don't listen to Monkey, if Truenorth was that good then why wasn't he on it. The only RP Truenorth had was contrawhoreRPInTheMountains™. Rockford had zero space to build and only one used Main St shop that was regularly frequented. On Evo, Main St is always buzzing and the chance than RP interaction occurs is 1000x more likely on Evo than on the previous two maps simply because Main St is such a central hub.

3. Nothing, Evo is my bae 💖💖💖. #FuckTruenorth #FuckRockford #TeamEvo.
Better frames, FAR more player interaction and actually seeing RP pop up. Resounding approval from me.
I love it
I’ve actually joined the server more than once, so I approve
Well 42 people on thats more than i have seen in a year
Frames are not the best around 30 with high player count and between 50-80 on low playercount.

Roleplay wise i've seen alot more RP going on at the same time with alot of dupes filling almost every area of the map
Performance : It's much better than both previous maps, I get around 40-50FPS in the city with over 30 players on. FPS in TN was much worse, even when there were like 10 or less players on. 

Roleplay : I've seen more RP in the past 2 days than in about 1-2 months in TN. The city is much smaller and concentrated in Evo, and there's much more interaction. It's easier to go do different places in the map, which makes it much easier for RPs to get more attention. Everyone is pretty much roleplaying at all times, and the number of people sitting alone contrawhoring is much smaller than in previous maps, since the player interaction is much higher. 

Map : There's really nothing big missing, we just need the Vending Machines and chargers for the electric vehicles. 

#TeamEvo

Apex

Great success.
I like it, any EvoCity map for that matter. Though I do prefer v5p, for it's for city-like feel. V4B1 is still great however.
You didn't provide a download link to the map- something like this should reflect to the DL page prior to launch.
Current subscription to Workshop says server running different version, so I (and potentially others) may be unable to join. Deleted workshop to have it manually download to no avail since it doesn't progress (?)
‍ 

ill take a look into uploading it into our services.

For now ‍ has a working link

https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-25496.html
Here are my 2 cents on it so far:

Performance:
Performancewise it does not seem to differ too much from previous maps though mainstreet seems to be much more stable than TN's railway ave.

Roleplay:
It will probably take some time till we can properly review this as it takes a few days for the existing rps to be properly rebuild or transfered. So far the overall rp has been fine though not exeptionaly good nor bad. Certain rps seem a little dull as police officers, bus drivers etc are now essentially just going in circles all the time though on the other hand the higher patrol and traffic density creates a bit more interaction.

Missing:
This may sound like a really minor thing and yes its not that big of a deal but Evocity desperatly lacks elevation. It is good for soo many things. Quite a few of the rps i had on True North and Rockford were relying on altitude (Mountainclimbinb, ski-jumping, paragliding, bungeejumping, sledding, skiing, mountainrescue [also planned a cable car and a soap box derby]). Whilst the individual rps themselve are probably a minor thing it is sad to see the overall sum of rps that are limited or impossible on evo. One more thing i miss is a bit more nature or  a off-grid part of the map like Rockfords woods. Large scale events eg. a racing event, a car crash or disaster rp are a little hard to do without choking off vital parts of the map as there are no alternative routes people can take (eg. my rockfor-woods racing track is pretty much impossible to rebuild).
So to sumb it up the map lacks elevation and at least 1 or 2 bypass/alternative roadways that could be used for events & rp. It also lacks a ravine or mine that would be needed for MESKA-Mining.
Pages: 1 2