Limelight Forums

Full Version: Property Rent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Explain your suggestion, in detail
Revert rent over time back to 1 off payment, this will still be property based with various prices

Explain why the suggestion should be implemented:
After seeing some comments on another thread about how this can effect role play, especially if you aren't really making much money as part of it
it possible this is having a negative effect on the server.
The change it self should be pretty easy to implement
ye, rent just fucks with passiveRP.

It's like gun control, only affects law-abiding citizens.

+
(Jul 12, 2019, 01:42 AM)Lord Octagon Wrote: [ -> ]ye, rent just fucks with passiveRP.

It's like gun control, only affects law-abiding citizens.

+

yeah merica +
I don't think it should be entirely removed, maybe just lower it to a small amount.
I agree with the fact the rent is a big factor in my passive roleplays and does effect my desire to conduct said roleplay.

I like to keep my prices realistic for sold goods, but I do feel like I am just losing large sums of my wealth to the rent.

I have to switch up my roleplay and have to manage my in-game money quite well. Albeit that not being a horrible thing, I can imagine those with less  money available to be quite put off by the high rent.

Perhaps we can keep the rent system as is, but moreso base it around the amount citizens earn.

I feel paying $ 450,00 a cycle with an income of $ 80,00 is highly off-putting. I do get that property prices are more realistic than your income, but one cannot expect it to be enjoyable when you lose more than you gain.

Perhaps scaling the rent prices to match that of citizens' income could do the trick. All other professions will have a larger income, as should be, and the citizens will be able to pay the rent.

It is logical for citizens to feel mildly pressured by rent costs but certainly not to the extent it is becoming problematic.

The rent cycles also make it feel more challenging to think about your prices as you'll have to adjust your roleplay to it.
Your marketing style will have to be adjusted.

2 chefs, one in a cheap building and the other in a more expensive building, will have to be competing to sell their products.
One will have it easier than the other, but the challenge disappears should you have a 1-time payment for rent.

The competition will fade as the chef in the more expensive building will not have to earn more to pay for higher rent cycles. He, in my opinion, has an unrealistic advantage in my eyes.

It feels more realistic to have said cycles. It matches more with reality as one would have to monthly pay for water, electricity etc. Perhaps, some houses can be bought by a one-time payment whilst other buildings are rented.

Another idea is to perhaps allow someone to own a property and rent it to another player. This could help newer players pay for more expensive buildings whilst the owner of said building will earn money long-term.

This would have to be well-regulated with limits and specific rules.
+support
(Jul 12, 2019, 11:15 AM)Cochise Wrote: [ -> ]+support
(Jul 12, 2019, 11:24 AM)Nudelsalat im Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jul 12, 2019, 11:15 AM)Cochise Wrote: [ -> ]+support
+support
+ Support

Rent always seemed to screw over people that just wanted to RP passively without losing huge chunks of money, it'd be nice to finally solve this problem.
This has been implemented and is already live